Why Can't I Have That?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Can't I Have That?

Waa! I love todays Daily Deal; those colors really do it for me. I was going to order, with enough of that large blue floral for a wide border, and wouldn't you know it, the large blue floral is not offered! Why is it that so often the most striking pattern in a collection is not offered in yardage? I have seen this time and time again. Do you think it's just M* not stocking it, or the manufacturer not offering it? (No, I haven't checked other places very often. It is not a necessity for me, just a wanna have.)

Re: Why Can't I Have That?

I think it is hard for a company that carries so many lines as M*QC does to carry the entire selection in every line. You may be able to find it elsewhere. Quiltshops.com is a great site to use for searches as it searched hundreds of stores with one search
    Wendy
    http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

This one? https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/-Welco...ategoryid=3238
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Yes! Isn't that pretty? I know one shop can't carry everything....I just have been struck by how many times the one particular one I love is not among the rest. Guess it just shows I have discerning taste, right? lol!

Comment

If you search "welcome home yardage" in the quilt shop, I think you'll find that they did have it, but currently are sold out. Perhaps if you contact M* thru live chat, you can find out if they intend to reorder more.

It is a beautiful line.

Comment

Originally posted by Snip Snip View Post
            Yes! Isn't that pretty? I know one shop can't carry everything....I just have been struck by how many times the one particular one I love is not among the rest. Guess it just shows I have discerning taste, right? lol!
            That seems to happen to me a lot, too. I think that the manufacturers package certain combos and offer as package deals to the stores, so they don't necessarily get to choose which exact fabrics they want. They have a choice between this group, that group, or the whole collection. I have found what I needed by googling the fabric line and pattern name.
            Donna

Comment

I'm thinking that the reason for the daily deal is to clear out some of the stuff they have sold out on most of the line. That way, they can get new stuff.
              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
              Terry

Comment

You are probably right, Grammaterry. And I bet it's going to take them a while to get rid of the Pantone color of the year for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Snip Snip View Post
                  You are probably right, Grammaterry. And I bet it's going to take them a while to get rid of the Pantone color of the year for this year.
                  Haha! I really wanted to play with highlighter yellow but never could bring myself to pick any up. When it goes for $2 a jelly roll I'd love to stock up.

I've seen different shops stock what sort of falls in line with their customers tastes. I think if it's a more "girly" shop they're going to stock the softer colors and more florals from a line. M* seems to stock things from a line that make good border and backing and are more middle of the road; not to bold, not too pale, juuuuuuust right — Goldilocks!

Comment

I thought I was the only one that noticed that!
                    When I was on vacation, I did a little row by rowing, and found a bolt of a focus fabric of one of my layer cakes, that M* didn't have in stock and bought 5 yards!

A second thing I noctice about packs of precuts is that the prettiest pattern is on top. When I click to see the rest [Thanks m* for showing all the other pieces - unlike other online stores] I find the other prints to be, um, hideous! I never bought pre-cuts before finding M* because I couldn't see the rest, and didn't want to chance it. I am glad I didn't bite. I would have ended up with a lot of garrish fabrics.

3rdly, anyone notice a line with an endearing name, and think "That MUST be cute" and then see the rest and have to sheild your eyes, and fight the urge to run screaming from the room?

That said, I have tons of pre-cuts now, thanks to M*!
                    Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I agree. I've noticed it too. And while I totally understand it, it has also stopped me from buying the DD and other precuts on many occasions. I just don't have the time to go surfing the web for various fabrics to complete my quilt. (I wish I did, but I don't.) So if M* doesn't have all I need to go along with the precut, I pass it by. Which is also not a biggie since I have plenty of fabric in my quilt room to keep me busy for the next two years.
                      Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I have found that also. I do check FQS to see if she is carrying what I'm looking for, but if not, I pass it by.
                        Cindy

Comment

I have learned that when I buy precuts that I also need to buy border yardage at the same time or I'll never find it again. But it does seem that a lot of the yardage in the "a few things we think go great with today's DD" is unavailable. It is upsetting, why do they show it as yardage when it's gone?

I also think the prettiest precut is the topmost fabric - usually. My sister loves Winnie the Pooh. A few months ago there was a Pooh DD, but that topmost fabric was the ugliest of the bunch. It was a monotone gray that just said 'blah' to me.

Comment

Working...
                          X