Hanging Towel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanging Towel

I attempted my first hanging towel. I had a pattern for a paddle shaped top. I got it done, but it didn't work well. There was so much fabric, I broke two needles. Then, my top stitching was pretty tough. Anyone have help or a better pattern?
    Thanks

Re: Hanging Towel

https://kleiosbelly.wordpress.com/20...s-6-1-for-you/

Maybe use a jean needle? I might just make some of these!
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I think Lorie's suggestion of a jeans needle is a good one. If you don't have one, but have topstitch needles, try them first, they might work too. Also, a longer stitch might help as well as stitching slowly. With a longer stitch, I would probably restitch the area for additional strength.

Thanks Lorie for the link! I have added it to my list of 'want to make'.
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Mine have crocheted tops. Its actually easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvia H View Post

Thanks Lorie for the link! I have added it to my list of 'want to make'.
          Your welcome!!

Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
          Mine have crocheted tops. Its actually easier.
          That's if you have that skill

Connie I was wondering if there was too much fabric because the towel was gathered? I noticed this one was pleated.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

I need to print this out and try again

Comment

I've made these before and they aren't fun because of the thickness. Top stitching was really hard and I gathered some and pleated some too.

Comment

I gathered my towel to distribute the "bulk" stitch slow, no problem for me. I gave these last Christmas to family members.

Comment

Hulamoon that's the pattern I did too and it turned out cute and was easy. I did the top part in a patchwork.
                  https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                  Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Working...
                  X