X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bjvarizona
    replied
    Re: Buying a machine in Ireland

Thanks for the replies. My DH says it's the electronic part of that machine that would suffer due to electrical differences, so best leave it in the States. Along with my serger and my 50 year old Singer. So, I'll just force myself to purchase something new. It will be a sacrifice (I can hear you all laughing!) but I think I'm up to the task! Besides we may visit my old machines a couple of times in Liberty Lake, WA where they will be living with my sister-in-law! But I would still like to hear from the Irish contingent on this forum if they check in!

Sorry, Gina, I already have a roomie, my DH plans to fill that roll. You could come be our grand daughters Au per? Not sure how you spell that! Ireland is great!

Leave a comment:

• MaryUK
    replied

You may want to check out the plug adapter. In England we have 3 pin plugs but in Europe it is 2 pins which is the same as yourselves. Don't know if there is a difference in wattage or whatever - that's the limit of my knowledge lol!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Couldn't you have your Rose rewired? I love my Rose.

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied

No advice here just wondering if you need a very deserving roomie? Ireland has ALWAYS been my dream trip. So, whaddya say? Should I pack now?

Jus' sayin'
    Gina

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman
    replied

How special for you, very jealous but I have no idea about shopping there.

Leave a comment:

• Bjvarizona
    started a topic Buying a machine in Ireland

Buying a machine in Ireland

I may be living in Ireland by Jan-Feb 2017. I have become convinced taking my 20 year old Viking Rose is probably not good for it due to electrical differences! I'll be shopping in either Cork or Mallow or somewhere near by. Does anyone have preferences in shops or brands of machine? I want something in the 500-600 Euro range, some specialty stitches, but good for piecing and quilting. Thanks for any advice you might have!
Working...
X