Does anyone have the Brother NQ-1400E embroidery machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have the Brother NQ-1400E embroidery machine

I'm thinking that since we have a quilt show coming up at the end of the month I need to take the plunge and get a machine if the price is right.

I've been doing some research and had tested the 1400E and liked it. Also, in my research I looked into the PE 770. However, people either loved it or absolutely hated it because of tension issues.

The reason I'm looking at the Brother 1400E is that is was easy to use, I have a Brother sewing machine now and love it, and my dealer is only about 10 minutes from my house.

So, anyone have one? Do you like it??

Re: Does anyone have the Brother NQ-1400E embroidery machine

I had one for awhile and it is very easy to use.. But when the Janome 500 E came out, my dealer gave me full price i paid toward the Janome and I traded her in for it. The Janome isn't as easy (intuitive) to use but can do much more. If you want the Disney designs, though, I think you're only option is Brother.

Comment

I have been looking at the SE1800, really don't need it but it intrigues me for some reason. I have a Brother SE400 and keep thinking I would like the larger embroidery field. Of course, I haven't used the embroidery part for a long time. I like sewing on the Brother more than my Janome 6260.

Comment

I have the NQ-1400, and I love it. I started on the SE400, loved that machine, but wanted a bigger embroidery field. Gave it to a daughter and upgraded to a used Janome 11000. Discovered that if I wanted legal Disney designs, I need to have a Brother. Saved my pennies, got the NQ-1400. It's really intuitive, and while it has a relatively small screen, it's substantially upgraded from the SE400. I really love this Brother, and is price point is pretty reasonable for what you get.
        Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Having Disney fonts isn't a big deal. No children to use them for

GuitarGramma do you find it easy to download and use other fonts from places not the Brother's website?

Comment

Originally posted by Pandabear View Post
            Having Disney fonts isn't a big deal. No children to use them for

GuitarGramma do you find it easy to download and use other fonts from places not the Brother's website?
            Other than Disney, I almost always use non-Brother designs. I have a 2GB flash drive where I store all my designs. It's super easy to buy, download to the flash drive, then plug the flash drive straight into the Brother. I do keep a backup on my hard drive in case I ever lose the flash drive.

I haven't specifically downloaded fonts because I have a terrific font program from DIME.

One thing about the NQ-1400: no Disney designs are included, so you have to buy them one by one.
            Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
            X