• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernina2
    replied
    Re: Quilting Websites and Forums

This is the only forum I check, usually daily while
    I'm waiting on my washer. :-)
    If someone mentions a quilter I will check them out.
    If I need fabric, I order from Ericas. She always has sales.
    Especially holidays, I buy fabric, thread and machine
    embroider supplies. The quilt store is in Indiana and
    receive my orders in 3 days. Never had a problem.
    Great quality fabrics and service.

Leave a comment:

• pcbatiks
    replied

Not sure if you are looking for blogs.....but if you are interested this site has tons of quilting blogs to look through.

http://www.quilterblogs.com/?&page=1

Leave a comment:

• Bernamom
    replied

Quitingboard has an active forum and is similar to this one. A lot more traditional quilters over there.

Leave a comment:

• just4me
    replied

The Sewing Forum has a really active P&Q is very informative and is worth keeping an eye on......it is predominantly a British Forum but has members from all over the world and the sense of humour that often accompanies a lot of their threads often makes me chuckle. The members are all very helpful too.

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

I love looking at the videos from whirlsnswirlsquilting youtube videos. They are also on her facebook page. Great FMQ ideas. I'm hooked the same way I am hooked on Jenny's tutorials.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

I belong to a Facebook group called Celebrate Hand Quilting because I am a hand quilter. It is a closed group but it is not hard to "get in." Just ask to join and they will let you, it is closed because they want to keep spammers out. It is nothing like the Forum, which is the BEST of course but they have a theme of the week, such as he hexies, feathers, 2-color quilts, etc. Members post photos of works in progress (WIP) and there are lots of comments but they are all quilting related. Usually short comments like "pretty," "nice stitches" or questions on what type of needles, thread, batting were used. The members don't really have the opportunity to get to know each other like on this Forum but it is fun to see what everyone is working on.

I used to check out The Quilting Board forum but it's been such a long time I don't know if it is still an active board.

Leave a comment:

• PatinValrico
    replied

I found this site: www.heartspunquilts.blogspot.com.br. It has beautiful pictures on antique quilts and civil war repros.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

This is the only chat Forum in which I participate. I don't do facebook or social media. I have blogs that I check from time to time. I love to look at all the pics of quilting at Tamarack Shack. Both her quilting & her photography are outstanding. She lives in Canada on a lake where the scenery is spectacular. There are links to her favorite sites on her web page. I occas. check Connecting Threads or Fat Quarter Shop for sales or Bonnie Hunter's web page. M* & one other site are the only 2 e-m newsletters I subscribe to.
    Another blog I follow (not quilting) is Rory Feek's, This Life I Live. His wife & singing partner Joey died of cancer (age 40) this spring. Theirs is a beautiful love story. Rory has a movie about Joey coming out on Sept. 20 -- a one night showing in selected theaters. He's also writing a book. They have many videos on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• Judy, USMC
    replied

I've heard there are other forums ... but I'm comfortable here so haven't even bothered to visit them.

Leave a comment:

• Lori63
    replied

I always check in here of course. And Fat Quarter Shop flash sale. I rarely buy from them because they don't usually have my style of things I like, but you never know so I have to check!

I'd love to hear of other places people like to check also.

Leave a comment:

• PatinValrico
    started a topic Quilting Websites and Forums

Quilting Websites and Forums

Hello everybody,

I am relatively new to quilting websites and other forums where quilters exchange information or just share a daily chat. Do any of you have sites that you check into on a regular basis? As always, thank you for sharing and have a good weekend!
Working...
X