Big Star Quikt blocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Star Quikt blocks

I started making the big star quilt. I had 9 blocks made when I decided to show them to my son and dil (I was making it for them). They liked it BUT, they are repainting their bedroom and the colours in the blocks will definitely not coordinate (black,red,cream). I have to change gears and start different quilt using a different colourmscheme. Would anyone have any suggestions what I should do with 9 Big Star blocks? I was thinking of joining 2'of the blocks together for a table runner. Does anyone else have any ideas? Thank you ladies and gents

Re: Big Star Quikt blocks

You could make it into a runner on the foot of the bed,or continue and gift it to another person.The colors would be great for a male or female.I'm sure others will have better ideas.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I'd finish it and use it for a gift or myself.

Comment

I do lattice blocks around a big star ... makes a pretty baby quilt. And if they aren't baby colors you can always make it as a lap quilt. Here's a pic:

Blue Latice&Star String 2.jpg

Comment

They you make great Wall hangings.
          My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate!

Comment

Judy, Your wall hanging is great - gave me the idea to make several sections like it and put them together for a larger quilt. The blocks are right up my quilting alley, star is a quick big block and I love to make string blocks. I like the narrow cream strip in the center of the string blocks as it will create a nice design when the sections are put together.

Comment

Working...
            X