Micro wave bowls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro wave bowls

I see that the microwave bowls are an item for Christmas gifts. I have a question about them. How do you get them to retain there shape after they've been washed ?. They looked like funny pot holders,after the wash. Cotton batting was bunched too. I followed the instructions to the letter so. I was really disappointed. Kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.
    sigpic

Re: Micro wave bowls

The ones I have made washed just fine, but I did a FMQing meander all over both sides before sewing them together and not just an X from corner to corner.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

I didn't have a problem when I washed mine. I would check the quilting instructions for the batting you used. I only had to quilt from corner to corner - I think I did it on each piece separately before joining the pieces together. But perhaps your batting had to be quilted closer together.
      If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

They have darts in the sides (one on each side) and that helps them to keep their shape.
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Like Sylvia, I stitch each side corner to corner. I do this on each piece before assembly; so... I have two units that consist of one fabric square and one batting square - each one gets stitching corner to corner, then I add darts as Pat mentioned, then I assemble. Then, when I turn them right side out - they get topstitched all around. Trust me when I say that my batting is not going anywhere They hold their shape fine when washed.

Comment

I add a CD size circle of extra batting in the center and just quilt the circle area. My potholders go in washing machine and dryer and come out fine.
            "Never stop believing that fighting for what is right is worth it"
            Hillary Clinton

Comment

Here are the instructions I use to make these bowl pot holders. After rereading, I realize that not only do I stitch from corner to corner, I also stitch down the middle in both directions, then make the darts.

http://www.seamshappy.com/2012/08/13...wl-pot-holder/
              If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Thanks for all your suggestions . Your suggestions pretty much covered all the instructions, so I don't know what went wrong. Going to try again as soon as I find the batting. Hopefully, this time they won't limp out after washing. Thanks again Kathy
                All quilts cat tested and approved.
                sigpic

Comment

I forgot, I also do the corner to corner stitching as well!
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Working...
                  X