Thread??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread??

I went to 2 LQS in Northern Michigan and both only sold Clarks Cotton thread. Is this there quilting thread and is it of good quality?
    Claudia

Re: Thread??

If all you can get is Coats Clark cotton thread, it will work. IMHO it is not a very good quality thread. It has the most lint of any thread type I know. You will need to clean your bobbin area very frequently, at least with every bobbin if not sooner. Make sure you only purchase thread with the machine quilting symbol. Do not use the thread that has the combination hand quilting and machine quilting symbol. It is coated with wax and will mess up your sewing machine.

A higher quality thread would be Gutterman, than Connecting Threads, than either Aurifil or Superior Threads which are the highest quality but expensive.

Connecting Threads is my go to thread. It is not the lowest lint, but I think it is the best overall value. It goes on sale for 40% off twice a year. One of the sales will probably be Thanksgiving weekend.

http://www.connectingthreads.com/thr...g_threads.html
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

In my town, the LQS sells quality thread. Hancock's (before it closed) carried Coats & Clark as well as Wal-Mart. I used it when I first started quilting, but now prefer the large cones from my LQS. I don't remember the brand. I use Superior's King Tut thread for machine quilting. I clean the bobbin area with almost every bobbin change on my DSM. With the Baby Lock Tiara II LA, I clean everything with every bobbin change. I use a small drop of oil with every other bobbin change. I have never tried Connecting Threads or M*'s threads.

Comment

I usually use Superior Thread' omni. (MSQ also sells it). My long arm machine really likes it and never gives me trouble. I also sometimes use Connecting Thread. I use that more for piecing, then the omni for quilting.
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Working...
        X