Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideas for Christmas Presents

Hello everybody

I thought I might get a thread going on what everyone is making for Christmas presents. We can all use some new ideas. I am making some of the triangular pouches and some of the box pouches shown on the Crafty Gemini. Last year each family got a quilt but there were not that many acknowledgements of the quilts. I know the joy is in the giving, but...

I have a bunch of quilt tops that I need to send for long arming; just not sure who to give them to. What is everyone making? Any ideas to share??

Re: Ideas for Christmas Presents

I wish I had some good ideas to share. Last year I made some reusable shopping bags as stocking stuffers. They are very simple but people seemed to like them.

Jeannette

Comment

I saw some pieced bags last year with ribon pulls. They were adorable. I was hoping to make some this year.

Can't wait to see what all gets put on here.

I'll see if I can find some ideas too.

....Bee
      The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
      ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

I'm making everything bagel spice mix. I pretty much use this recipe but add caraway seeds. Put it in a little mason jar and it's perfect for eggs or an English muffin,
        http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make...p.xL1uwgKQEkkM

I bought in bulk here
        https://www.myspicesage.com/
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

This year I'm giving each of my grandchildren a quilt gifted in a matching fabric basket for their room. Last year I gave the cousins embroidered kitchen towels with a matching potholder and added a spatula and some biscotti. I've also done cosmetic bags, key fobs, and small cell phone purses. This year I may make some chap stick holders for extra stocking stuffers. You can see them in my album or Flickr pages if you like.
          Last edited by Cathy F; September 4, 2016, 05:17 PM.
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Well I'm not giving out anymore of my quilts since I don't get a thank you or acknowledgment that they like it. These are the younger generation I'm talking about, they don't seem to be interested. Now if I gave them money or a Kindle or new computer or Iphone they would be in heaven and I'd probably get lots of hugs and kisses, So much for that.

I love making table runners and I have some new friends in the quilt guild so I may do that. But I'm like you, I need new ideas so hopefully we'll get some on the forum.
            sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

I'm hoping to get a couple quilts done for family. Hope they understand I can't make everyone a quilt in one year! I'm really looking for something to make for a seven, almost eight year old boy. Last year I made him an Ispy quilt and he loved it. It doesn't have to be as big as a quilt, but I like to make something each year for him. As he gets older it's harder to make things I think he would like.
              Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm going to be making some quilted scarves and some tote bags, I know that they like them and I see them use them. My sons' keep a tote with a fleece blanket in the car trunks. I worry about their long commutes to work and a blanket could come in so handy in an emergency or breakdown. What about an apron?? Everyone seems to be wearing them again.
                Lori63 does he have an interest in cooking?? I made my grandson a chef apron with his favorite hero on it and he loves it. (he is 10) and I gave him a Kids cookbook.

Comment

I usually give something handmade to all the adults, something that will hold a Visa gift card, which is their real gift. I've done pillowcases with their names embroidered on them and a little pocket on the back for the card. Bought cheap pillows to put in them, the kids pillowcases got filled with toys, it looked so cool under the tree! Another year I made tote bags for the ladies and box pouches for the guys. Last year, I made kitchen/barbrque aprons with embroidery and a matching theme fabric pocket, and a place for a colorful spatula in the pocket. Used MSQC's pattern for a tea towel apron. I'm waiting for inspiration for this year, no inspiration yet! Maybe this thread will help me decide!

Comment

Last year I made my daughter a "potholder" for microwaveable bowls. She really liked it, so I am going to be making a few more of those this year for family & friends.
                    Donna

Comment

I am making some table place mats and kitchen towels for each of the family units. Then I am making some zipper bags for the little kids and will put a gift card in them. I have already started on the place mats so hopefully it will be a easy season for me.
                      Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

I made a bunch of these travel neck pillows last year and everyone loved them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feGTn58jcBM

Don't know what I'm doing this year.
                        Vonnie

Comment

I got a couple of quilts I'm working on but for stocking stuffers this year, I'm making pillowcases that match my children personalities!
                          Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Comment

For the young grandchildren I am going to make these bags. They have three pockets that go all the way to the bottom. I have modified them since this picture so that the zippers are hidden. I will put sunglasses, sunscreen and $5 in each so that they are ready to go to the swimming pool or beach and be self sufficient. The ten younger children are 4-13, half boys and half girls. I am also going to use black straping material for the straps.zipperbags.jpg
                            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                            Terry

Comment

My 9 cousins all exchange gifts each year. Last year I made the square casserole carriers and they were a big hit. I am busy knitting round petal shaped dishcloths. Also thinking about a zippered pouch of some kind, or an embroidered tea towels. Like the rest of you, I am in need of ideas for the rest of the family. Thanks for starting this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X