Knne Lift installing upside down for better access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knne Lift installing upside down for better access

I am smacking myself in the forehead wishing I had thought of this earlier. My sewing machine has a pressure foot knee lifter. I rarely use it because it is to close to the center of the machine and I keep accidentally hitting it with the edge of my big padded sewing chair. I am currently doing turned edge machine applique with tiny pieces and lots of curves. I really needed my knee lift but had to move my chair way off center of the needle to avoid accidentally hitting it. Then I had a brain storm. Can I install my knee lift lever upside down so it is sticking up in the air where I can easily reach it, but it won't keep being hit accidentally by the edge of my chair? I tried it and it works

knee lift 001.JPG

Hope this helps someone else.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Re: Knne Lift installing upside down for better access

You McGuyvered it! Cool!

Comment

Brilliant! I'm going to try this.
      Diana Grey

Comment

I have heard you can get these adjusted a bit so I am wanting to see if that can be done on one of my machines. It is too far over. I feel like I am straddling things to use the foot pedal and then the knee lift. LOL

Comment

I will give this a try...thanks for sharing with us!
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I don't know why, but that seems odd to me. Isn't it just as easy to hit the button/lever that is on the front of your machine?
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
              I don't know why, but that seems odd to me. Isn't it just as easy to hit the button/lever that is on the front of your machine?
              My sewing machine does not have a button or lever on the front to lift the presser foot. The lever to lift the pressure foot is on the back of the machine, behind the screw that holds in the needle. You have to reach through the throat to get to it. It is a blind reach and the lever is very stiff. The knee lift lever is on the front of the machine so I can see it easily. It is spring loaded, not stiff. I can partial lift the foot, rotate the fabric, and release the lever.

I only use it for machine applique on small pieces.
              Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Very interesting..

Comment

Well, admittedly I spent a moment trying to figure out how you got your knee up there!

Comment

Originally posted by stitchwishes View Post
                    Well, admittedly I spent a moment trying to figure out how you got your knee up there!
                    Admittedly, I almost wet my pants when I read this!
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by stitchwishes View Post
                      I was thinking the same thing.
                      🌺 Lorie

Comment

I've never seen one with a button. All mine have a lever in the back. It's not really a problem for me, but an "elbow lift" seems like it would be handy.
                        Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Hey Bubba! It shouldn't be that hard once you take your shoes and socks off!!! Now we're having fun!! You guys make me proud

Comment

It allows you to keep your hands on your fabric if it shifts easily. I love the option.

Comment

I love the knee lift on my Janome 6600P - I'm forever trying to lift the pressure foot on my Featherweight with my knee - doesn't work.
                              ***Kathy***

Comment

Working...
                              X