Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My OTT light died :( Did y'all know that Lowe's has them?? Cheaper than other places!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My OTT light died :( Did y'all know that Lowe's has them?? Cheaper than other places!

Ok, so I turned on my light and it went 'POOF'!! So, I thought it was the bulb... hubby said... check Lowe's. Lowe's?? I never even thought of looking at Lowe's for that bulb... well. Do you know that the replacement bulb for my OTT floor lamp is $6.99 at Lowe's????????????????????? What???? Why on earth does J* charge so much?? Even at the sale price at J*, I bought two at Lowe's for less than the price of one...
    Anyway; it turns out it wasn't the bulb I guess using that light constantly (and keeping it on for hours on end) for close to 3 years was more than it could handle. Luckily, Lowe's also sells that floor lamp at a decent price.
    If you are looking for an OTT, and you have a Lowe's near you, check it out.

Re: My OTT light died Did y'all know that Lowe's has them?? Cheaper than other places!

Wow. Good information. I need to check that out. I have not purchased on Ott lamp/light due to the prices
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Re: My OTT light died Did y'all know that Lowe's has them?? Cheaper than other places!

Yep, known it for quite a while. I think it was first posted a couple years ago by Lonna who got one as a gift from her hubby. Only difference in the lamps is most of them are black at Lowe's rather than the white that Joann's sells.
      K is for Karen ๐Ÿ˜Šโ€‹..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
        Yep, known it for quite a while. I think it was first posted a couple years ago by Lonna who got one as a gift from her hubby. Only difference in the lamps is most of them are black at Lowe's rather than the white that Joann's sells.
        Yep, hubby and I ran back to Lowe's and I got a black floor lamp... for 1/3 of J*'s regular price.

Comment

Wow! That's a great deal! I love my Ott lights!
          pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I have a small desk Ott light that I use on my desk. I got it on a clearance sale at Joann - it's blue and I think they discontinued the color. It might have been on a sale where they take an additional amount off on clearance items. I just remember how excited I was to find it at such a good price because I wanted to try one but didn't want to pay full price for one. I really like it. Good to know that Lowe's has the replacement bulbs. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Joanns prices are ridiculous. I was buying spray starch in the can using 50% off coupons. Was still paying something like $3. I found the same brand at Walmart in a larger can for 97ยข. The same thing also happened with a small desktop container. I bought one with a 40% coupon and then found the same thing at Target at regular price for $2 cheaper.

Comment

You would be surprised what you can get at Lowes. Got pegboard and hardware so I can organize cutters, rulers and more all for less than $20.
                Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

Comment

I think Joanns, Hobby Lobby and the late Hancock's know people are going to use those 40% off coupons, so they just hike their prices up to cover the difference (and then some). Anything we buy at regular price is gravy for them.

Comment

You can find the white lamps at Big Lots too but be careful, some of them seem like seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Snip Snip View Post
                      I think Joanns, Hobby Lobby and the late Hancock's know people are going to use those 40% off coupons, so they just hike their prices up to cover the difference (and then some). Anything we buy at regular price is gravy for them.
                      It's true. I think the big coupons and sales are meant to get us into a buying frenzy because we're "saving" 40-70% off, nevermind that items at these stores are at least twice what you'd pay anywhere else. With online fabric stores, I don't notice such wild differences in price for the same item, unless the item is from an older/out of print collection.

It's a common "trick" by retailers to show an item as having an original or suggested price of $$$$, but have it marked down to $$$ or $$. Thing is, the item was likely only offered at that original price for a day or a week (I think it's the law in some places that to claim something was originally X price, it had to be sold at that price at some point) because no one in their right mind would pay that much for that item. Sometimes it's not until an item goes on clearance at a lot of major craft stores that I consider it to even be approaching what I'd call a reasonable price for that item. It seems like home decoration stuff gets the most ridiculous markups. They don't serve a purpose other than to sit there and be pretty, so their value is really subjective. Suppose for example you see a throw pillow on sale for $25.99 and the original price shows something like $89.99...for a dang polyester pillow at HL!

Of course retailers must make a profit. But the more obvious forms of trickery are pretty gross.

Comment

Thank you for the Lowe's tip!! I bought an Ott light earlier this year and love it! And I found one at an estate sale for $5 that works perfectly. It is a desk top size but it is just perfect for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X