2 best things-- so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 best things-- so far

I have asked lots of questions so far and everyone had be beyond wonderful answering. Two of the best suggestions that I have tried and enjoyed is-- wrapping my binding around a toilet paper holder- this works wonderful. The second-- 2 strands of thread when sewing on my binding. I tried this recently and found I like it much better than the single thread.
    Thank you ladies and gentleman.
    Claudia

Re: 2 best things-- so far

Both are good ideas and thanks for sharing. Might have missed this before.

Comment

I learned the technique of wrapping the binding strips around a cardboard tube from my first quilting teacher. Most of the toilet paper roll cardboard now is almost too flimsy for that. I use a sturdy cardboard tube that comes with my Baggies sandwich bags. I thread 2 thicknesses of yarn through it & hang it like a necklace around my neck. It's so easy to feed the binding as you sew along. I once posted a pic of it on the Forum. Can't find it right now. But it's very handy.

Comment

This cardboard tube sounds like something I need to try this weekend. I need to do binding for a king size quilt. Thanks for the tip

Comment

I agree about the cardboard tip for wrapping your binding around. My last quilt I tried this and it made a huge difference ... So much easier! I have a large spool holder on the back of my machine so I put it there but JCY's idea of hanging it around your neck is excellent as well.
          Sherrie
          Life ain’t always beautiful
          But it’s a beautiful ride - Gary Allen

Comment

Hi everyone! Happy Friday (finally) Great ideas...the tubes from wrapping paper would work!

Comment

I use the plastic core from a wide gift-wrapping ribbon to roll up my binding. Then I use a lanyard with a clip closure to hold it around my neck. That way, if the phone rings, etc., I can quickly unsnap the lanyard and detach myself from the sewing machine. I started doing this to keep the long binding from slipping to the floor when my cats thought it was a great thing to play with!

Comment

That's a great idea too!

Comment

Working...
                X