Celebrating!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrating!

I am not one who finds "THE DEAL" and want to brag but, today is my Bragging day!
    I had an earlier post about knowing why others would have use for more than one machine since mine went in for some TLC and would not be back for 2 weeks. So, I decided today to check a couple of resale shops for a used machine.
    First stop-- local Goodwill. No machines on floor but, asked a worker if they had any in back. She asked a young man who was working in back and he said, One just came in. End of conversation was me saying SOLD.
    I found a Bernina 1008 for--- drum roll-------------$29.95 with a 15% discount at check out!
    Immediately went to local Bernina shop and NOTHING is wrong, as clean as a new machine

Can you say I a jumping up and down with a smile on my face.

Of course no manual but, there is online.

Re: Celebrating!

Big Congratulations of your steal of a deal!!!!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I bet sewing machines are one of the few "appliances?" that people get rid for no good reason. And they don't very often just "go bad" like a refrigerator or washing machine, and end up beyond repair.
      My FIL used to take in orphaned sewing machines, oil them up, put new belts on, and often got a real jewel. He did more extensive repairs, too.
      I'm happy you got a great second machine, for very little money. I could use a third machine. I have two set up and use them for different things. One is set up for knits right now. Hmmm. Do I have room for another?.......

Comment

Wow, what a great deal you found!

Jeannette

Comment

Goes to show, it pays to ask! Congrats on the great find.

Comment

What a deal! I think I will pour me a glass of wine to celebrate for you.
            Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Wow, that's terrific - enjoy your new toy!
              Cindy

Comment

Awesome news. Always good to have a backup!
                Karen
                Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I'm so glad to hear of nice things happening to nice people. You sent the fabric for the kids pillowcases and something good happened to you ... I don't think that is a coincidence. Great find!

Comment

Great news, good job!
                    Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

wow, the goodwill you go to is surely nicer than the one I have locally. If I find something I would like without a price and send it to be priced it comes back higher than retail. If I inquire about anything in the back, they tell me to come back tomorrow. And additional discount like senior citizen day .... forget it. I was in another city and their goodwill was willing to bargain and everything in the store was an additional 25% off. Guess ours is just got TOOO many customers. Anyway. COngratualations to you.
                      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                      Terry

Comment

Congratulations on a great find.
                        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Well I only have one machine now you make me want to go out and see if I can score a nice treasure like that. Congratulations on your lucky day!

Comment

Congratulations on a HUGE WOW! Makes me want to go check out my local thrift stores this weekend.

Comment

I normally do not stop at our Goodwill because I never find anything. Today I just decided I had nothing to lose. I must admit I drive by this store to go to my grocery store and WalMart is across the street.
                              I was very lucky is talking to a really nice sales person.

Comment

Working...
                              X