• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Pattern

https://www.facebook.com/QuiltHaus/p...type=3&theater

Love the quilt on left--your left Love how the squares are "turned"

Hope link works

Re: Looking for Pattern

That can be made by tube quilting and then setting the blocks on point. To see how to do a tube quilt like this look at the original summer in the park quilt tutorial, you would just not use the white but all color.
    Pick your six strips these look like 2.1/2 strips lay them out in a pleasing row then sew into the two strip sets of three then the two sets are sewn together. Follow the summer in the park tutorial on how to sew them and cut them apart. Lay them out in a pleasing manner set on point.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

I've been to that store and have seen that quilt! It's really lovely and not too difficult to make as Altairss described.

Comment

Couldn't the squares be done by doing a string on foundation paper?
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
          Couldn't the squares be done by doing a string on foundation paper?
          That was my first thought. But some of the squares are exact duplicates of others, which would be hard, but not impossible, to do with string quilting. If you don't mind having all the blocks different, that would definitely work.
          If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I would totally use the Tube Method to make this quilt. Sew six 2.5" strips (along the length) together to form a tube.
            If you want to really replicate that look, stitch the three light colored strips together. Stitch the three dark colored strips together. And then place the dark strip set right sides with the light colored set and stitch on both sides to form the tube.
            Preeti
            http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am lucky to have Quilt Haus and Oak Leaf just a few miles from my home. Both stores have their own unique "warm fuzzies"!

Comment

Oooohh. I did this pattern years back. Totally screwed it up but its one of my husbands favorites. I'll look when I get home later. Wasn't a tube method.

Comment

Originally posted by CheyMom14 View Post
                  Oooohh. I did this pattern years back. Totally screwed it up but its one of my husbands favorites. I'll look when I get home later. Wasn't a tube method.
                  That would wonderful---Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by mamo69 View Post
                    That would wonderful---Thank You
                    Found it! It's called Transitions by Cozy Quilt Designs. No idea if it's still available.

Comment

Originally posted by CheyMom14 View Post
                      Found it! It's called Transitions by Cozy Quilt Designs. No idea if it's still available.
                      I love a good hunt Looks like a tube thingy.

http://www.cozyquilt.com/Aspx/Produc...?productID=612
                      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                      X