Fold n Stitch wreath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fold n Stitch wreath

I found it in the new MSQ catalog. It lists a fold n stitch wreath pattern for $8.50. I believe that is the cheapest I've seen it listed anywhere when I did a search on the internet a few months ago. :-) Yeahhhhhh
    https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
    Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Re: Fold n Stitch wreath

Have to look back for that one. I did love the one in the BLOCK magazine too.

Comment

I'd like to try it - can you tell from the information given (I can't) how much fabric to buy along with it?

Jeannette

Comment

It says 5/8 yd for fabric used on back
        5/8 yd for fabric used on front
        3/8 yd minimum for applique section

I had used the pattern for a guide but made some change to it that I thought made it easier. I remember that a charm pack would do two or three if you included another plain fabric for the back. It's a really flexible pattern in that you can do it scrappy so you can get away with not having to purchase a lot of fabrics. I had used the charm pack and bordered each with a 2" border to bring it up to a 7" square each. Then cut 7 " squares of a plain fabric and sewed them together, turned and pressed. I'm pretty sure you needed 12 finished squares to make the circle. One important thing though is don't forget to purchase a fusible as the stabilizer. I don't see it listed but I would think 5/8 yds also.

I've probably totally confused you now :-/
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Gosh Carlie, thank you. But I'm confused now - I'm looking at the Fold'n Stitch Wreath on page 12 and it doesn't give any fabric measurements. It doesn't look like there is any applique but there is a different color binding on it. Are we looking at the same thing?

Jeannette

Comment

LOL, well we might not be looking at the same thing :-)

I purchased a fold n stitch wreath pattern a few months ago elsewhere. I just got my MSQ catalog a few weeks ago and noticed they had a fold n stitch wreath pattern there that was cheaper then the one I purchased elsewhere.

What are you looking at?

Comment

I'm looking at the one in the catalog on page 12. I guess we are looking at different things

Jeannette

Comment

Ok. It has 12 leafs which is the same number as what I had done with the instructions I had.

I'd say that the fabric requirements are most likely the same as what's on my pattern. I'd guess most people purchase the pattern first and then figure out how they want to design their wreath before purchasing the fabric.

Comment

I just bought the Fold'stitch wreath pattern yesterday for a class I'm taking Oct. There was a correction that was listed on their website for the Pellon 71F Peltex one sided ultra firm--- you need 2/3 yard. Also 17x22 inches of paperbacked fusible Web.
                  From what I understand when reading the directions the "applique" is at least 3/8 yard of a light colored print. These wreaths are so pretty, hope that mine turn out.

Comment

I made one of these using ladybug material (see gallery) and think I will make an Easter one. The little pockets would be so cute to put colored eggs in. We used an extremely thick interfacing that was like I would use for tote bottoms. I am going to try just a stiffish pellon this time.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok I just checked who did the pattern I had purchased and it was Poor which is the same as the one in the MSQ catalog. So the fabric amounts I put above should be correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X