Orange Peel template question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange Peel template question

Can you make a Rob Peter to Pay Paul quilt using the orange peel template? I don't want to make the orange peel appliques - I want to cut the curves and sew them together.

So I've seen plenty of Peter/Paul tutorials and they all use two templates - kind of like a drunkard path template set. Could I use the orange peel template instead of the two concave/convex templates? I would rather use the templates I have rather than buying another template that I will probably use once.

Re: Orange Peel template question

I've never made the quilt your asking about but, I would think if you have or make a template that fits together with the orange peel that you should be able to.I'm sure someone who knows better will come along.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I suspect not. If you use the single template to cut all the pieces the point will get cut off. Try making one unit with scrap fabric to check.
      Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Try it and find out.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
        X