Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make a Butterfly Blossom Quilt with Jenny! New tutorial!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make a Butterfly Blossom Quilt with Jenny! New tutorial!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcLwig6e3Ic

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Make a Butterfly Blossom Quilt with Jenny! New tutorial!

I find that to be cleaver. LOL. I had to pay attention to see the block on the wall...

Very cute. I love applique too. I may add this to my list. I am making up some lap quilts to give to the women in our family for Christmas.

Comment

Nope, not for me ... don't like the extra step of ironing the edges under.

Couldn't I just use the template to cut out from the white charms and then sew those leftover side pieces (the "wings" if you will) onto the printed piece that I cut out with the template?

If so, the bonus would be enough fabric for TWO quilts: one with printed charms flanked by background color (e.g., white) and one with white charms flanked by printed background color.
      Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
      http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

Originally posted by DramaMama View Post

Couldn't I just use the template to cut out from the white charms and then sew those leftover side pieces (the "wings" if you will) onto the printed piece that I cut out with the template?

If so, the bonus would be enough fabric for TWO quilts: one with printed charms flanked by background color (e.g., white) and one with white charms flanked by printed background color.
        I am not sure... but you could do raw edge applique and not do the turn down.

Comment

Sorry I am with DramaMama on this on. Piecing would be much easier and faster than folding edges under and than blanket stitching.and use much less fabric. It sure is a pretty design though. Love that fabric line.
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I really like this idea, why don't you give it a try? Let us know how it turns out. The quilt is cute.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I enjoy applique and this is such a cute quilt. I think I might give this one a try...
              Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

For a more homespun look, couldn't you just sew the piece on to the background leaving the raw edges out? Then when washed, it would fray slightly. If done with the right fabric, it would be pretty interesting.

Comment

Your block would end up smaller because of the seam allowance of the background but I think it should work. [I think}
                  Claire from Pelham, Alabama

Comment

I like the look of this one, I think I might give it a try with raw edge applique and use the mini charms with mini template and turn out a table topper. I found some mini Christmas themed charms hiding in my stash yesterday.
                    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Originally posted by asta View Post
                      I like the look of this one, I think I might give it a try with raw edge applique and use the mini charms with mini template and turn out a table topper. I found some mini Christmas themed charms hiding in my stash yesterday.
                      Love this idea!
                      Karen
                      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

You could do it like the orange peel. Sew on fusable and turn it inside out.
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Super pretty, probably would not try it.

Comment

This is what I love about Jenny's tutorials and this forum....the sharing of ideas.

Comment

That looks a little fussy for me but the fabric she used is gorgeous

Comment

Working...
                              X