• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bakermom
    replied
    Re: Time

Originally posted by mooveenut57 View Post
    As much as I LOVE technology, I don't want to keep track of the time I spend quilting. I quilt to relax and forget about the world for just a little while. I don't answer my phone . . . I crank up the tunes . . . and I JUST QUILT!
    Oh, yes! DH wants to put a phone in the attic where I sew and I say "no way!" I moved up there so no one would bother me-it has to be pretty important for anyone to come up there!

Leave a comment:

• mooveenut57
    replied

As much as I LOVE technology, I don't want to keep track of the time I spend quilting. I quilt to relax and forget about the world for just a little while. I don't answer my phone . . . I crank up the tunes . . . and I JUST QUILT!

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

I don't care how much time I spend-don't have to answer to anyone.
    A few years ago I was working, raising a family and helping care for a semi-invalid parent. I spent a couple hours a day sewing, every day. It was a stress reliever/sanity saver. I could knock out a quilt in a week. Now I'm retired , kids are on their own, parent gone. I can spend a couple hours a day sewing but don't always. Now it is purely recreational. I may disappear for hours several times a week or not sew at all for a week. How much time is irrevelant, the enjoyment isn't.

Leave a comment:

• CarolynK
    replied

Thank you! I've downloaded the APP and plan to use it. I'd like to know just for me how long it takes to make each of my quilts, projects and such. Really appreciate this!

Leave a comment:

• SisterDi
    replied

A few quilts ago, I kept track using old-fashioned hash marks. 200 hours was my total for that quilt. It was a gift, and I kept track only out of curiosity, and to be able to answer that question in the future.

Leave a comment:

• AMG
    replied

Wow - what a great tool!

Not just for tracking a quikt, but just in general. I am a treasure for a school theatre guild and I think tracking the stime I spend doing the work can help me be really transparent when recruiting for my replacement.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

My cell phone is 16 yrs. old & probably never heard of an app! I'm not into those electronic gadgets & the latest apps. I'm not the least bit interested in tracking all my movements or how long it takes to make a quilt or do other projects. Just remember that your phones are subject to monitoring & you can be tracked just about wherever you go. Do you really want Big Brother knowing all the details of your life?

Leave a comment:

• Preeti
    replied

I am often asked how much time it takes to make a quilt. Well, it varies, I respond. I can usually make a small simple quilt in a weekend (provided I ignore all chores). A complicated one takes a month.
    With this app I can ACTUALLY say exactly how much time a quilt takes. And if I have to charge for my time, I can give an honest assessment of the same.
    Thank you for sharing. I am so downloading that.

Leave a comment:

• klgls
    replied

Snip Snip - that is one of my concerns when I retire at the end of the year - to see how I spend my time. I definitely don't want to feel like I am wasting it.

As far as time to make a quilt - I'm kind of with Shirley - I really don't want to know, I enjoy the process and don't really care how long it takes me. Unless of course, I'm in a crunch and need to get one done - but that's another story.

Leave a comment:

• Snip Snip
    replied

I need to get serious about being conscious of the time I waste. I have few responsibilities, and my only deadlines are self-imposed, so I am a big time waster.
    Being retired, it seems to take me longer and longer to get anything done. I need someone to put a boot to my butt.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

So...does the app tell you how much time it took you to use the app? (This is not a serious question...I'm just trying a little humor)

Leave a comment:

• Caroline T.
    replied

Amazing how many apps there are out there and the variety too. It did remind me of a video that I came across a few months ago, asking the old question "How long did that take you?", so....

After they?ve ooh-ed and ahh-ed, what?s the first thing people ask when you show them your latest quilt? Isn?t it always, ?How long did that take you??? Peop...

But for me, I'd rather remain ignorant on my time spent.

Leave a comment:

• shirleyknot
    replied

I KNOW I don't want to know. Why suck all the fun out of it?

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

I get asked the same question. My response is always " don't think I want to know. " this app does sound like a good option for when I decide I do.

Leave a comment:

• RenC
    replied

Ooo that's interesting. I'm going to give it a try.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X