• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snip Snip
    Missouri Star
    • Sep 2014

Bobbins for Singer S16

I have been getting by with the 5 bobbins that came with the machine, but I of course really need more, particularly making doll clothes, having to change thread color every time I turn around. Can anyone tell me what the official size is called? I found "L" type on Amazon, also called Sa159. They look like the ones I have. With the little rectangular slit in the side. Anyone know for sure? Thanks.
  • Jean Sewing Machine
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: Bobbins for Singer S16

I think all L size will work. Somebody talked about a special notch in some bobbins that wouldn't work for her, but I've bought my bobbins at several different plaCes and they all work. Anything that will work on a Janome 1600 will work on the S16 because they are basically the same machine.

I bought a pack of 50 bobbins, I use a lot of different colors when I sew!

Comment

• Snip Snip
      Missouri Star
      • Sep 2014

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered a pack of 20 L type. I bet I will be ordering more.

Comment

• amartin24
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2014

I asked this same question a few weeks ago. Jean gave me this link: http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/55623S-20pk.php. I ordered from there and the bobbins were fine.
        I am Sew Blessed!
        Alina

Comment

• Snip Snip
          Missouri Star
          • Sep 2014

I was looking for that thread earlier, and got sidetracked. What would we do without Jean and the others who are so quick to answer our many questions?

Comment

Working...
          X