Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.2

Hi all

I have a Brother NV600 which is about 2 years old. I'm pretty happy with it & it has features like the knee lift for the presser foot which I really like. The only annoyance is that I tend to use the walking foot a lot & that sucker is noisy!

Then I saw the Pfaff Quilt Expressions 4.2
    It's not much to look at; quite plain. But it really got my attention. The biggest feature I like is the integrated dual feed system (Pfaff-speak for built-in walking foot).
    It also has no manual presser foot lever. The presser foot lifts automatically when you stop sewing & then lowers when you start up again. That could be weird to get used to.
    And it's 3 times what I paid for my Brother.

My previous little machine was a Brother as well so I'm used to the brand & I have a lot of attachments for it. Basically, I don't NEED to change my machine but don't want to totally shut that door either. If I do get the Pfaff it's going to be a keeper.

Does anyone have this Pfaff machine? What do you think of it?

Re: Thoughts on Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.2

I don't have this machine, but I have two other Pfaffs - an old tiptronic, and a newer Creative 3.0 sewing/embroidery combo.

I have been to classes with ladies who have theQuilt Expression 4.2 and it's a great machine. They love theirs.

I really really love my Pfaffs. They sew so well and have some cool features. That presser foot lever feature is on my machine too and I LOVE it. Makes turning a corner so fast!

Price is a problem though I know. Pfaff usually has some sort of sale going on, if you can wait for one, I'd buy then.

But they are solid machines.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNHBEUtkUkI

Here is a link to very good info about the PFAFF

I got the Pfaff quilt expression 4.0 and I am really happy with it.
      I especially love the roominess on the right side of the needle for when I do my fmq.
      sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
      The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
      A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
      And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

I also have the Pfaff 4.0 have had it for almost 5 years now. I love it! I upgraded at the time from a Pfaff 14540 which is a mechanical machine. I will be forever a Pfaff girl. I have no complaints on this machine at all.
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Swedish leo View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNHBEUtkUkI

Here is a link to very good info about the PFAFF

I got the Pfaff quilt expression 4.0 and I am really happy with it.
          I especially love the roominess on the right side of the needle for when I do my fmq.
          Wow! Thanks for that. That's an excellent review / tutorial. I've only watched about 15 minutes of the video so far & I REALLY want that machine!

Comment

Originally posted by RenC View Post
            Wow! Thanks for that. That's an excellent review / tutorial. I've only watched about 15 minutes of the video so far & I REALLY want that machine!
            Yeah, that guy does some great reviews of a machine doesn't he? I watched the one he did on my Creative 3.0 when I first got it.

Comment

I am getting one!! A lady on another board I belong to heard about me and how I sew and quilt to help with PTSD. She contacted me and told me to say thank me for my military service and help with the therapy she is sending me hers as she purchased a new one. At first I thought it was a hoax. Then when I realized she was speaking the truth I broke down and cried. My wife and I are speechless.

She sent me a private message yesterday with the tracking number. It should arive and my house tomorrow.

I am so excited I can barely contain myself.

Sending Luvz, Hugz, & Prayerz
              Grampz
              VETERAN
              n. [VET-ER-AN]
              Someone Who Will Knock You Out
              For Stepping On
              The American Flag!

Comment

Originally posted by Grampz View Post
                I am getting one!! A lady on another board I belong to heard about me and how I sew and quilt to help with PTSD. She contacted me and told me to say thank me for my military service and help with the therapy she is sending me hers as she purchased a new one. At first I thought it was a hoax. Then when I realized she was speaking the truth I broke down and cried. My wife and I are speechless.

She sent me a private message yesterday with the tracking number. It should arive and my house tomorrow.

Grampz
                oh my gosh Grampz! That is so awesome! and well deserved. I'm so excited for you, I can't wait to hear more about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grampz View Post

Grampz
                  This is an incredibly touching story. God Bless the wonderful woman who is gifting you this machine, and God Bless you for the work you do with/for Veterans with PTSD, (I worked for the Vet Center in Prescott AZ, and know the need). Most of all, God Bless YOU for your service. I appreciate YOU!
                  A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Wow! You served to protect our freedoms and deserve our thanks. How wonderful that this wonderful person could and would share this way. Just when I get a bit cynical, something like this comes to light. God bless you and your benefactor. And - Happy quilting! And, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X