This may be a strange question!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may be a strange question!!

I love making quilts, but what do I do with them after I'm done? I've made several quilts and gave them to family and kept some of them, I have them at home and in our rv. Should I keep pawning them off on family members or just store them away?

What do you do???

Re: This may be a strange question!!

Not a strange question. Actually, one that is often reached by quilters at some point. I have two suggestions.....start selling or start donating.

Comment

We have some forum members who would take them off your hands. AuntieMern and GrammaTerry come to mind. I have probably misspelled their forum names but they both have good causes.
      Vonnie

Comment

I use mine daily. I also sell some and give some as gifts.

Comment

A lot of mine go to the Children's receiving home in the area. I also give to our Guild's community service and Quilts of Honor.

Comment

You might enjoy being part of the Circle of comfort Quilt group on the Group page. Quilts are made and sent to people that are going through a rough time in their life.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I donate quilts to the local Children's Advocacy Center to be given to children as part of our guild's community service.
              *~* Myrna *~*
              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

If they are baby quilts, donate to a local Life Choices Pregnancy center. The Linus Project takes quilts. Some local children's hospitals take quilts for their cancer patients, etc. Do a Google search. I'm sure you'll find some worthy causes.

Comment

I like to donate to the Humane Society and every year they have a silent auction. That's something to think about, a cause your into.
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

I donate my quilt tops to a group that makes them into quilts and gives them away
                    to the needy. Have also made tops for the Linus Project and for Quilts for Kids.
                    Check out your local quilt guilds, they have organizations they give to.
                    Most of my family would not appreciate my gift of a quilt, so I would rather make
                    one for someone who would appreciate it.

Comment

Thank you all for your ideas. Now I have so many ideas of ways to help others including helping animal organizations.
                      Thank you again

Comment

I suggest donating them. There are many organizations
                        that need quilts. I have donated to Linus project and even
                        taken wheelchair quilts to senior living facilities.
                        There are organizations accepting quilts for injured soldiers.
                        Check with your hospital for crib quilts for newborns.
                        I'm sure you can search the Internet for quilt donations.

Comment

My name has come up grammaterry and I am in charge of a quilt raffle for the Shriners Childrens Hospital. We are on our 30th year of fund raising and every penny goes to the Greenville shriners Childrens hospital for crippled children and burn victims. We are working on an auction and a quilt raffle . We will give away 20 quilts this year thanks to forum member who have generously donated quilts, tops or fabric. I have made 15 of them personally. There is no after party, no admistrative costs...just pure fund raising. If you would consider sending us one or more of your quilts they will always be appreciated. You can get more info from my user notes.
                          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                          Terry

Comment

I am just starting to head up a group for The Linus Project in my area. There is probably a group in your area. I will take any donations of quilt and I can also long arm any finished quilt tops and then donate them. It is a cause that is close to my heart
                            Hugs and Smiles :)
                            This is what I am doing when I am not here--

www.etsy.com/shop/ckquilter

Comment

Working...
                            X