Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sis´quilt defrogged!

HI

I am finally done ripping the fmq on my sisters quilt. Puh!

Talk about taking the confident out of me for my fmq ability! Nothing does that better than ripping out almost all the fmq on a big quilt. The quilt is 59" wide and 85" long. It is for her sofa.

I think I broke every fmq rules there is on making this boo boo.

I was speeding,
    I neglected to pay attention to the drag of the quilt.
    I neglected to pay attention to my muscle fatigue.
    My hand and foot was totally out of phase with each other.

Boy, I will not do those mistake any time soon.

I have now loaded the quilt in the machine again.
    This time around you will believe that I will be extra careful and think of every rule and triple check my progress every 5 " of the way!!

I will let you know how it progress.

Annika

sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Sis´quilt defrogged!

I haven't even tried to FMQ so my hat's off to you.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Good for you!
      I only had to rip 4 straight SID lines out of a baby quilt and I put it off until I was afraid I'd have to make it bigger!
      My mistake was I forgot to use my walking foot, and I didn't even check the back until I had 4 lines done.
      Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Good for you for taking the time to rip it out. I'm afraid I might have just added another back and done some more fmq.
        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
        Terry

Comment

Perseverance! The quilting way!
          Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Wow! You are dedicated and I'm sure your sister's quilt will be gorgeous. I'm just learning FMQ and can't imagine ripping out all the stitching. I'm just making small charity quilts and using them as practice. Thinking that anyone receiving won't really care about the boo boos (and there are many) and once I wash them a lot of that is not as obvious. I do have a large (little bit larger than a twin) Summer in the Park UFO I have been saving for a FMQ quilt, and will get at it one day.
            A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I did it!

It is re quilted and this time is it good fmq on it! NO eyelashes as far as the eye can see!

( doing the happy dance )

sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
              The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
              A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
              And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Working...
              X