I wish...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish...

I wish I could have my MSQC forum friends over to sew. I have lots of questions unfortunately most of them happen in the middle of sewing and when I'm finished for the day...I can't remember them or I can't really explain the question. Must not have been an important question!

I'm still wishing for a forum sew along! I'll make the coffee, hot tea and iced tea. I might even make chocolate chips cookies too!
    Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Re: I wish...

If only we lived closer together, I would love to have sewing/quilting afternoons! Friends gathered, doing their own projects together yet separately.......sounds like a fun day!

Comment

I'm having one of those days tomorrow! My sis, one of my daughters and a family friend are all coming over to sew. Tonight I move things around to make room for everyone!
      Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

It would be nice if we could do a forum member search by State, I know I've read posts from others in Washington, some of them within 20 miles of me. Even if we didn't do a sewing day, it would be fun to still get together even if it were just meeting for coffee @ Starbucks.

Comment

I certainly would come and play. I have a total of 90 blocks done for the scrappy quilt.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
            It would be nice if we could do a forum member search by State, I know I've read posts from others in Washington, some of them within 20 miles of me. Even if we didn't do a sewing day, it would be fun to still get together even if it were just meeting for coffee @ Starbucks.
            Check here - https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1253169
            Snippet started the map and people have added themselves or she has added them when they message her. You can see who is in your state.
            Last edited by K. McEuen; August 16, 2016, 02:09 PM.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
              Caroline,
              It would be nice if we had forum friends close. I actually did h ave a forum friend I meet and started going to a local guild with. Unfortunately she became ill and passed away a short time later.
              I do have a sewing friend that I get together with and we h ave taken several trips to a golf resort for a retreat. We sew and sit on the balcony and watch the golfers. We have done it often enough that some of the golfer who are members remember us. They will ask us "Are you ladies the sewers?" It is a nice time but expensive to do to often. I am still working so have to take time off. Maybe w hen I retire I will be able to take a day a nd go meet a new friend.

Comment

Nobody near me Next time me I move, I'm making sure it's somewhere quilty! Sure sounds fun!

Comment

I met a forum friend and we actually went to dinner with her friends. She's not here anymore and we lost touch. The other Hawaii members are on other islands,
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Looks like I'm up here in Northeast Missouri all alone. There are a few up in Iowa that are closer to me than those in Missouri! Maybe there are some but they've just not been located on the map. Now that I'm retired, I'd have more time for a get-together or a sew-together!
                    Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                      Snippet started the map and people have added themselves or she has added them when they message her. You can see who is in your state.
                      Thanks K., I added myself to the map

Comment

wow: You are a fountain of info. I went there and added myself. It will be interesting to see if the rest of the forum does. I'm amazed how many folks there are.
                        Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
                        Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                        Terry

Comment

I seem to be the only one on the map in WNC but I know there are others. They just need to get mapped up.
                          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                          Terry

Comment

The fall forum retreat is a wonderful opportunity to get together with other forum members. We still have some openings if you are interested in coming. Here is the post with more information and the link to register. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=61474

Comment

I added myself, how about the rest of you from Kansas?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X