Bargello Quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bargello Quilting

Just how easy or difficult is it doing this quilt? Could Jenny do a tutorial on it. Such a beautiful piece. Would love to get a start on one, but need direction. Does anyone have a pattern to share? I don't find any tutorials on the internet.
    sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Re: Bargello Quilting

Guess I've been sleeping, it just came to me that someone from the forum emailed me her bargello pattern some time ago. Geez! I can't remember anything anymore. Could be old age has a lot to do with it?

Comment

try this one, it is so pretty and only uses 2 jelly rolls
      letsquiltsomething.BlogSpot/2014/12/rainbow-bargello
      sigpic

Comment

I'm halfway through piecing my first bargello and am really enjoying it. You just have to be super organised keeping track of your strip order and apart from that it's been pretty straight forward and fun. The hardest part for me was selecting my shadings.

Comment

Originally posted by just4me View Post
          I'm halfway through piecing my first bargello and am really enjoying it. You just have to be super organised keeping track of your strip order and apart from that it's been pretty straight forward and fun. The hardest part for me was selecting my shadings.
          I agree. Once you get the colors and the shading it goes pretty smoothly.

Comment

That is one quilt that I think looks super hard.
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

I'm dying to make a bargello.
              Laura thank you for posting that link. I really like it. I didn't see in the instructions what size the quilt was. I just purchased the Stonehenge Jasper jelly roll on sale and now I'm thinking of maybe using that for a bargello. Does anyone have any idea what size quilt one jelly roll would make? I just ordered three yards of a solid color because I had thought to make it into a Summer in the Park but now I'm rethinking maybe a bargello instead?
              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

http://letsquiltsomething.blogspot.c...roll.html#more
                She says 2 jelly rolls makes a quilt 63x96
                Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Originally posted by LauraP View Post
                  try this one, it is so pretty and only uses 2 jelly rolls
                  letsquiltsomething.BlogSpot/2014/12/rainbow-bargello
                  Thank you for sharing that pattern. I CAN DO THIS!!!!! I'm thinking about using small prints.

Comment

Thank you so much for this pattern , I have jelly roll , I want to make this one!
                    Ania

Comment

Thanks Vernona I hadn't seen the size listed. I can probably get away with using one jelly roll and then add to the quilt by putting a wide border around it. I can't go over a total of a 96" width with my frame and usually keep it below 90". :-)
                      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                      Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Originally posted by just4me View Post
                        When you finish your bargello would you kindly post it. I'd love to see it. Which pattern did you use? Do you mind sharing? Thanks!

Comment

Hi LindaKay, here's a picture of the first 2 panels...the top is just 4 repeat panels. The pattern is called Tumbling Waves and I bought it from Craftsy....only a few dollars as I wanted to do a "try/beginner" bargello. The only problem I have with it is that it is going to be on the bed in our new little caravan (do you call them caravans "over there"?) and because of the limited room and lack of "viewing angle", when you look at it on the bed you really don't get to see the wavy effect very well as it is all too close. Never mind....it's destined for the caravan regardless! LOL
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X