Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSQ--not always best buy

M* is always my 1st choice.

$5 shipping is hard to beat, I love knowing I will get the yardage I ordered, the fabric quality is excellent, the employees are pleasant to deal with, the company operates in a moral way I think is worthy of my support, they have a great selection, the site is easy to use and they welcome feedback, the DD is an awesome way to build a pre-cut stash, I love Quilter's Cash, to name a few reasons.

I like being able to order what I need from one site, and unless they just don't have what I need, I will get it from them. I am not about to search for a few cents difference, it is not worth it to me.
    Cathryn

Comment

Originally posted by kensington View Post

News flash... some of us would rather buy with more options, fabric lines, precuts, DD, and the fun that M* offers. To me... that is the best buy going! I don't need to spend more time online or running on foot to find a $1.00 difference in a yard of fabric. My time is valuable also. GO MSQC!!
      I agree. and that was my point. Pick a store. Any store. 100% of their items will not always be the best buy. Even a store that calls themselves "best buy". I don't have one bad thing to say about M*
      Maybe you should stop trying to read what isn't there.
      Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
        Out of how many thousands in the catalog?
        Amen, Karen!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the retail world where everyone is in competition. M* has great prices on many many things and great sales The DD is always wonderful. The quality of their goods has always been wonderful. Shop around sure you can get things cheaper but the quality is not always there. Sometimes you can find same thing cheaper then you should do so and not make a scene. I work the retail world and have 3 craft store in my mall alone (one of which I work at) the craft store is about 1/4 mile away in the next mall. We all sell basically same thing, but maybe different manufacturers some are cheaper in price some in quality. It burns my butt when people bad mouth a place because they had a higher price then the neighbor and complain about returning and going there. Its your choice do what works for you, the world don't need your sob story. For many it is convenience , customer service and friendly help that keep them coming back, Its not always about pricing.
          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
          Sigmund Freud

Comment

My two cents....
            1) I am totally grateful...there maybe a few times, yes, I get aggravated when there's a shipping problem (that's due to the USPS issues in my area), but I have no ill will towards M*. MSQC is what got me out of my long quilting hiatus back in 2013. I have met Jenny and the family and visited the main shop.
            2) I do always comparison shop; I purchase fabric and notions either from M*, other on-line companies, LQSs near me or even auction/garage sales!

So, it's safe to say....I wouldn't consider myself a 100% M* consumer...but a quilter looking for the best deal, regardless of where it is. But, I would state.....I have been a good M* patron; the majority of the large fabric stash I have would prove it! Especially when it comes to pre-cuts. I have not found a better resource for pre-cuts other than MSQC.....in that regard, M* is the best.....
            Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mamo69 View Post
              I love the large variety MSQ has to offer and the new catalog is great but-- I found one item higher price than in another mail order with cheaper S&H. The DD's are great if you want or need that item.
              Anyone else "shop around" or do you just order from MSQ with out shopping prices (total amount you pay)?
              Originally posted by Iris Girl View Post
              It burns my butt when people bad mouth a place because they had a higher price then the neighbor and complain about returning and going there. Its your choice do what works for you, the world don't need your sob story. For many it is convenience , customer service and friendly help that keep them coming back, Its not always about pricing.
              The interesting thing here is that the original post didn't bad mouth anyone. I have seen so many posts where someone makes a comment that is less than praise for M*, and the thread blows up. Yes, M* is pretty great. I don't know if it's necessary to come running to their defense in a way that personally attacks, and encourages the same behavior from others in return.

I have never seen a critical poster (please correct me if I'm wrong here) who has personally attacked any member of the Doan family, but I have seen others come to their defense as if that was what happened. It all makes me so sad, we are supposed to be kind and look for the goodness in others. I wish that everyone would not assume the worst intentions when reading posts.

Comment

I like MSQC. I've been there, met them, yadda yadda. But I shop everywhere. I shop local because I can feel and see the fabric. Bring a bunch of bolts and lay them on the table to see against another fabric I brought with me. I need the fabric now. And I shop online when I know what I want. Or when the price (and shipping!) is right.

The Doan's know this. It's a competitive business. They have a niche though - precuts, the Daily Deal, Jenny's tutorials, and their family. Even though those attributes don't translate into saving me money (except for the DD) they do factor into my decision for purchases. Still I buy at other places too. Just depends on my mood and the situation.

I don't send my quilts in for their quilting services because it doesn't work for me.

So yeah, they probably aren't always the best deal around for some things. And that's okay with me.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mamo69 View Post
                  I love the large variety MSQ has to offer and the new catalog is great but-- I found one item higher price than in another mail order with cheaper S&H. The DD's are great if you want or need that item.
                  Anyone else "shop around" or do you just order from MSQ with out shopping prices (total amount you pay)?

Oh, my. After reading these replies it appears I stepped on some toes. If, yours were stepped on ---I am truly sorry.
                  My post was only asking if you compared pricing (cost and s/h---by accident i found an item that the total cost was cheaper than MSQ ) before you purchase from MSQ. I know some people that ONLY shop and specific stores-- no buts about it.
                  I too have seen posts complaining about delivery of order items and just shake my head in disbelief. Person or business mailing/shipping have NO control once item has left their facility. The only control they have is how it is packaged NOT how it is handled by the carrier (request insurance at your expense)

I am NOT an online fabric (yardage) buyer. Call me old school but I like to touch the fabric, see in person the fabric

To All --- have a Great weekend

Comment

After shopping around and looking for the best price as well as trying to support LQSs, I finally decided that I'm 100% MSQC. Between the DDs, tutorials, freebies, etc. I can't go wrong. And if something is a bit less expensive, so be it. There are so many things more important to me than a few dollars.

Comment

I usually order from M* because I go for their good service and professionalism plus s&h is good for me. I don't shop around because M* usually has what I'm looking for and I'm okay with their prices. Too much hassle to go thru just to save a dollar or two.
                      sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
                      X