Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MSQ--not always best buy

Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
    Just because I don't buy precuts doesn't mean I don't use the products. Ever hear of yardage? How about needles? Just bought some on the last free shipping day. People really shouldn't assume. Makes them look.......... well........
    I totally understand that. I stopped buying precuts. Now I need some solids to match my stash so I will keep buying here. I'm waiting for a free shipping day to get one of those thread boxes for my embroidery thread.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I don't recall any names being mentioned in my statement. However there are people that are members of this forum that have stated in other posts that they do not buy anything from M*, and have also stated they only buy yardage from one particular business that is near to them. That way they can feel and touch the fabric, and you can't beat their prices. Hey, but if you want to believe they support M* in any way, shape, or form...feel free. It is a free forum, (thanks to M*) after all.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

I love the variety of opinions expressed on the Forum and have learned so much here that I feel at times like I have been to quilting school. And the advice and info shared is all free and happily given. So please don't get down on anybody here for NOT buying from M. To me the only difference that could possibly make is if someone has a question or issue with M about, I don't know, maybe colors in a DD or shipping/delivery problems. Let's be more supportive of each other!

Comment

I thought to offer a bigger shovel............

Comment

One of the reasons I love shopping at M* is how easy their site is to use - i can easily search for what I'm looking for if it is something specific, I can browse if I'm "just looking" and - I realy love this - I can easily see what I bought last year or last week, including pictures. All of that has value to me. Because my purchases are usually a DD plus something I want or need, I feel like I'm always saving some $ after everthing averages out.

Comment

I think M*'s prices are fairly competitive... Now thst I don't drive, I find myself ordering online more often.... I got a really good deal on Etsy once, and Amazon carries lots of quilty items... But, I like to order from M* whenever I can... If there is a difference in price, it is generally pretty small... I love the M* customer service, and love supporting the company.

I have a wonderful LQS about 8 miles away... The Fabric Shavk....and will also order from them, in order to support local business...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
                I have a wonderful LQS about 8 miles away... The Fabric Shavk....and will also order from them, in order to support local business...
                I love The Fabric Shack
                Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

I spread the shopping love around

Comment

Originally posted by songbird857 View Post
                    I spread the shopping love around
                    Where is that darn like button!
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Shirley - I love you!!!!
                      ***Kathy***

Comment

Shirley I can be your digging buddy!! .......lol 😜
                        Priscilla Lujan
                        Los Angeles, CA:icon_cool:

Comment

News flash!
                          "Name store here" not always the best buy!
                          Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I shop around, but the honest truth is that in 98% of the cases, the precuts and yardage are both less expensive than other online stores, or so close in price that a comparison would come down to shipping cost, which again, unless I'm only ordering one thing, would be less expensive. And to drill down even more on my thought process, which a few of you share, the customer service from MSQC is worth a lot to me. I know that if something goes wrong with an order or delivery (the post office has destroyed a few of my Block's), MSQC will make it right. But most of all, if I'm going to throw my quilting dollars at a retailer, it's hard to beat all that Jenny and family have done, not just for their family, but for the entire community of Hamilton, and the entire community of quilting. It's a business built with heart, and these days...that is priceless IMO.

Comment

I have always subscribed to the motto, "You get what you pay for." I have proved that true in my many years of shopping, and I am even finally convincing my husband of the truth of that statement! I have purchased too many things in past years that were "on sale" just to find that they were sub-standard--and you usually have to go back and re-purchase the "good stuff" to get what you originally wanted. Most good quality stores don't want to take the chance of losing a customer by put sub-standard items "on sale". I have stopped shopping at places when I have found their sale items sub-standard. Better to buy the best quality your money can buy. I do like the DD's and if I find fabric from MSQ that I want, I wait until it goes on sale, or I just go ahead and pay the regular price because I am assured of the good quality.

Comment

Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
                                I thought to offer a bigger shovel............
                                Uncalled for.

Originally posted by pixiedust0830 View Post
                                Shirley I can be your digging buddy!! .......lol 😜
                                Seriously?

Originally posted by PrettyCurious View Post
                                News flash!
                                "Name store here" not always the best buy!
                                News flash... some of us would rather buy with more options, fabric lines, precuts, DD, and the fun that M* offers. To me... that is the best buy going! I don't need to spend more time online or running on foot to find a $1.00 difference in a yard of fabric. My time is valuable also. GO MSQC!!
                                Last edited by kensington; August 17, 2016, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X