I tried today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried today

I tried today to support my LQS! I was ready to buy 5 yards of fabric for the back of my square in square quilt. This quilt shop has tons of fabric. I asked her if she had Laundry basket by Moda. Answer I got, "Well I know we sell Moda..." Not can you find it? She turned her back and walk away. And started complaining to the other lady working, about her lunch break.

I will order from MSQC! I get better service at Joann's.
    Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Re: I tried today

That is how the women at Bayside used to treat me....maybe they are from there!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

This was in Country Village! I will never go back.
      Carrie

Comment

Sorry you had a bad experience.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Interesting and sad. I really don't like to feel I am "not a valued customer/consumer". When something like this occurs, that's what it makes me feel like. I really love to support my LQS, but sometimes online is much easier, quicker and more fulfilling than going to my dwindling LQSs. I can usually find something online (much more inventory and selection most times) even though I can't feel and touch the fabric (and I do love to feel the fabrics and see the true color of them.)
          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Two local quilt shops to me do the exact same thing. I thought initially it was a "one off" and gave them both second and third tries before coming to the conclusion that they were just lousy at customer service, too too comfortable with their existing customer base, and arrogant too boot! I shop elsewhere and every time I have a little grumble about the distance I am travelling I remind myself just why I am doing it........to go to a shop with friendly, informed staff with a relaxed and encouraging atmosphere.

Comment

Each time I read about one of these LQS That don't feel they need customers I am reminded about my LQS and what a great and friendly place to shop it is. Makes me grateful.

Comment

If this person had cared about making the sale she would have gone to the Moda section and looked for your fabric . Who knows if she could not find the exact fabric she might have found something else you would have liked just as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TMP View Post
                  If this person had cared about making the sale she would have gone to the Moda section and looked for your fabric . Who knows if she could not find the exact fabric she might have found something else you would have liked just as well.
                  That's actually what I thought. This shop is not the one I usually go to. I really like the "local LQS"! We are down to one car at my house and this shop was close to hubby's work...Killing some time! I'm pretty sure the owner the shop wasn't there today. I've been in there before and she was really helpful. I will try them again sometime, if I get the same treatment I won't be back.
                  Carrie

Comment

Well, that is too bad! Customer service at it's worst. You don't catch fly's with vinegar. I'm sorry for they way you were treated and sorry for them. That is no way to run ANY business.

Comment

Originally posted by just4me View Post
                      Two local quilt shops to me do the exact same thing. I thought initially it was a "one off" and gave them both second and third tries before coming to the conclusion that they were just lousy at customer service, too too comfortable with their existing customer base, and arrogant too boot! I shop elsewhere and every time I have a little grumble about the distance I am travelling I remind myself just why I am doing it........to go to a shop with friendly, informed staff with a relaxed and encouraging atmosphere.
                      I just don't understand! At least greet me as I walk...I know you saw me, we made eye contact!
                      Carrie

Comment

I feel very blessed to know the ladies (and man) at my LQS. As LQSs go, they have a relatively small selection of fabrics. They stock many of Quilting Treasures fabrics. They sell mostly DSMs, LAs, embroidery mach., sergers, notions, thread, etc. This week the ladies were so helpful in trying to find the right background fabric for the Cutting Corners quilt I want to make. I bought both my DSMs there as well as the Baby Lock Tiara II LA last year. The owners are very supportive of Missouri Star. They sell their rulers & templates, the BLOCK mag., & have held numerous classes featuring Jenny's tutorials/patterns. It's unfortunate so many other quilt stores have employees with an attitude.

Comment

Let the owner know, please. It's not fair to her if her business falls off and she doesn't have a clue why. You can say it tactfully.

Comment

Maybe they were understaffed and she was late for break and hungry.
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

My LAS....when I am able to get there...is The Fabric Shavk, in Waynesville, Ohio. The service is amazing.... That kind of thing would never, ever happen...or be tolerated by the owner.... It's Retsil 101... Be is assistance to your customer... Always.

I order more than I used to, now that I don't drive, and I have to admit that I love the little personal touches the MSQC throws in... And I appreciate Smazon's quick service....

Also... We have a really nice...huge....Joann's. The service there is excellent....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
                              X