Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Tutorial ! Make Rob's Easy Block and Strip Quilt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Hulamoon

• Hulamoon
    replied
    Re: New Tutorial ! Make Rob's Easy Block and Strip Quilt!

I found the same quilt in the connecting threads catalog. Or very close to it.

http://www.connectingthreads.com/kit...it__D9417.html

Leave a comment:

• SisterDi

• SisterDi
    replied

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
    Rob's high energy is a little much for me...
    Yeah, I find him hard to watch, but it's not his fault that he sounds exactly like a former roomie I had who was a drug addict. Same voice, same energy, even some of the same language and gestures. It's totally my problem, not Rob's.

I didn't like the quilt done in all solids, or at least the combination in the video. I agree with others who see potential with different fabrics, and it would be a quick finish.

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern

• auntiemern
    replied

Didn't do much for me.....The quilting is the star of this. Now if I could still hand quilt...maybe. But not much into modern quilts.

Leave a comment:

• AlohaSandy

• AlohaSandy
    replied

Originally posted by DramaMama View Post
    Bummer. Was looking forward to Jenny's tutorial this week; not a big fan of Rob's designs. Appreciate his energy and bravo for his niche in the industry, but I tune in on Fridays to see Jenny's creations and tutorials.
    Gotta agree with you on this one a little boring IMO LOL

Leave a comment:

• Patty J

• Patty J
    replied

Oh how fun. Think outside the block.

Leave a comment:

• Caroline T.

• Caroline T.
    replied

Bright print is what I'm thinking too. I have two that I bought on separate shopping trips, both were impulse buys and haven't figured out what to do with them. Thinking maybe use the lizards for the front with a solid bright strip, and then the grass for the backing.
    Lizards.jpg
    Everglades Grass.jpg

So what do you think?

(was surprised to find the prints on line, as I'm not home to take a picture of the actual fabric on hand)

Leave a comment:

• laura44

• laura44
    replied

Hmmm... maybe with a bright print.

Leave a comment:

• Altairss

• Altairss
    replied

I like this and thought it would be a great way to use up some left over solid strips I have they are all brights and against a solid back ground would pop and be like a box of crayons against the solid. Super simple but modern and like other said the look would change with the fabric choices.

Leave a comment:

• Claire Hallman

• Claire Hallman
    replied

This is a great fast pattern for the fabrics that suffer when cut too small. I have been doing a simple striped quilt for Project Linus that has narrow, med. and wider stripes which is cute but this will be my next one for a change. I already have the lizard fabric with which to do it.

Leave a comment:

• MayinJerset

• MayinJerset
    replied

First reaction was that I didn't care for it but like others have said it did make me think of ways it would be something quick and easy as well as good looking. It's all in the fabrics you choose so Thank You Rob and Jenny for giving us something to challenge us.

Leave a comment:

• asta

• asta
    replied

Not a big fan of this quilt-at least in solids, may change my mind if I see it in a print-but the video was a jot to watch. Those two work so well together!

Leave a comment:

• Suzette

• Suzette
    replied

Loved this! Rob's enthusiasm and energy are wonderful! He truly has a zest for life that is sadly missing in many people. The quilt itself didn't wow me, but I really enjoyed watching him and Jenny put it together.

Leave a comment:

• klgls

• klgls
    replied

The grandkids want quilts to use in their camper this fall - this would be quick and easy with some really fun fabrics. Guess I better get busy! I loved how the back looked!

Leave a comment:

• Sheep Farmer

• Sheep Farmer
    replied

Great easy quilt.
    The look of this quilt can be changed in so many ways with just a change of fabric.
    This would also be a fun quilt to make with 10" squares that are too pretty to cut up.

Leave a comment:

• songbird857

• songbird857
    replied

Awesome guy quilt!
    I can picture this quilt with gradients - either way. You could have your blocks in gradient shades of grey, or whatever color, and your strips in a coordinating solid OR solid blocks with gradient strips - it would be so cool and fast to make! A good quilt for a newbie too...

I love how the quilting shines on the back against the navy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X