Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here I am trying to downsize & what do I see on CL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I am trying to downsize & what do I see on CL?

Yep, fabric fabric & yes more fabric! Plus a roomful of quilting/sewing related stuff...lace,buttons, a pleater, thread you name it she's got it. It's an estate sale near me but doesn't start until Saturday @ 9:30. Do you think they'd mind if I parked in the driveway until then? OMG, there's BINS of fabric! Please talk me off the edge of the cliff. I don't have any more room plus I'll have to get my DH to help load said bins. Did I mention there's bins of fabric? Am I drooling..definitely jonesing a bit.

Okay, I'm feeling a little better. I think.

Gina

p.s. It's a sure bet my enabler hubby would go with me but I'm hoping he'll talk me off the ledge. Maybe.

Re: Here I am trying to downsize & what do I see on CL?

Enabler here, think of all you will be doing to help the economy recover. It is your duty as a patriotic American to buy more fabric and other quilting related stuff.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

When did you finish you last quilt? If it is this or last week,,, go right ahead...LOL
      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

I'm no help either.......I actually looked under your screen name to see where you were from..........hoping it was close to my area.

If you can't talk yourself out of it........maybe you could part with some of your own fabric that you don't like anymore.......to make room for the new loot!
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I say GO FOR IT!!!!!!
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

How many miles is Georgia from PA? LOL! Go for it - you are sure to find some goodies.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

hmmm, my sister lives in Sandy Springs GA, is that close? Maybe I can send her to help you, to help that other family, lighten their load of fabric, that way the burden will not fall all on your shoulders.

Oh crud, I'm not much help in talking you out of it.

I hereby declare that we need to start a new support group "FA" a.k.a. Fabriholic's Anonymous

And I nominate GeeGee as our 1st president.

Comment

no help here. But you've given me some ideas. I just finished my first piece that is 100% from stash. Even though it was just a wall hanging, that surely means I can buy new, right?

Comment

Who can bypass a good estate sale?! Don't miss a good opportunity for some good bargains.

Comment

If dh says no you can pack it up and ship it to Wisconsin, I'll pay you back. Sounds too good to pass up. If you don't go for it you will be kicking yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline T. View Post
                      hmmm, my sister lives in Sandy Springs GA, is that close? Maybe I can send her to help you, to help that other family, lighten their load of fabric, that way the burden will not fall all on your shoulders.

Oh crud, I'm not much help in talking you out of it.

I hereby declare that we need to start a new support group "FA" a.k.a. Fabriholic's Anonymous

And I nominate GeeGee as our 1st president.

......as long as the FA meetings don't interfere with estate sales with fabric we should have a good turn out.
                      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Oh, Man!! If I didn't have to pick up my GS this Saturday, I could go visit SIL - she doesn't live too far from that town in GA. Oh, maybe that's good I can't go!! Good luck!

Comment

LOL I'd be there too

A few things to consider when you go though... if you don't ABSOLUTELY love it, don't bring it home. Will you actually USE any of those neat sewing gadgets, or will they become dust collectors? Perhaps go through your stash today and set aside some fabric that you don't love anymore for goodwill, 4H, or any other places near you that would glady accept a donation.

Have fun shopping!

Comment

I check out Craiglist every week. My rule now is that if I bring in something new,
                            I have to donate something old. (I have a lot of old). I have truly have to love it
                            to buy it.

Comment

Well, all I can say is yippee skippy! It appears that I am in/on the right forum. Not only are you guys enablers you're really good at it, LOL!! I just finished one quilt & about start the quilting step on another so...plus I already have some fabric to be donated. As for being elected president of the FA let's not have a prez at all, just members. As long as we solemnly (sp?) swear that we will never give up ALL of our fabric. Now, raise your hand & say..... I still say ROAD TRIP!!

I also check Craig's List nearly every day. The days I don't I've missed out on fabric buying. That's how I got 2/3 of what I have now.

And now fellow FA members the big announcement is.....you twisted my arm, made me swear (good words,lol) that I will leave no fabric unbought, acquired by legal means, and in honor of anyone not able to go to this estate sale...YES I AM GOING. I'll let you know the results of my F.A.R.T. (you know fabric acquiring road trip). Wish me luck, I'm going in!

Thank you all for your support, lol-ing all the way!

Gina

Comment

Working...
                              X