Juki TL 2000 Walking foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juki TL 2000 Walking foot

Hello! I've been searching for an answer to this one online with minimal success. I have a Juki TL 2000Qi that I purchased in April of this year. For FMQ, it's been fantastic, especially as I am a newbie. My issue is with the walking foot that came with the machine...it is alarmingly loud. I'm afraid to use it because it literally sounds like something is about to break when I run it. I'd describe it as clanking. Similar to the sound I hear when the bobbin thread gets tangled (don't know if that happens to anyone else but it's an awful sound). Has anyone else had this problem, and what did you do to fix it? Thanks!

Re: Juki TL 2000 Walking foot

You may have a defective walking foot. Assuming its a new machine, it should be under warranty and Juki USA should be able to help you through tech support. I dont have their number but a fast google search will find it.
    Diana Grey

Comment

Thanks. That does seem like the most reasonable thing to do.

Comment

My Juki walking foot was disturbingly loud when I first used it too. I called my dealer and ended up putting a drop of oil where the metal parts touch. She also reminded me to reduce the presser foot pressure to almost zero. This helped a lot.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give that a try & let you know

Comment

My walking foot does the same thing. I took it and the machine to my dealer who tried it out a nd said I should leave it for service. I needed to finish a quilt so took it home. After a little use it got better so I thought it was because it was new. I cancelled the service appointment and then the horrible noise returned. You are right that it is not just loud but literally sounds like something is about to break. I don't even want to use it. Very disappointing for a new product.

Comment

So, here's my update. I found a post which the user noted that the walking foot is not quite centered with the needle. I looked a it, and sure enough, this is the case with mine. I think the clunking sound was the needle hitting the foot, which makes me cringe. There is a long description of this at this link: http://www.stitchedincolor.com/2013/...-resolved.html

But the short version is this advice from the company she purchased the machine from (SewVacDirect):

on the Walking Foot

"The walking foot not aligning quite straight is an easy fix. Just grasp the front edge of the foot and twist it slightly to the side and the presser foot bar should move into position as it should be. It's not a rare occurrence on any brand of machine for a walking foot to show a slight misalignment in the presser foot bar."

I thought manhandling the foot sounded a little iffy...but I did it anyway. Unbelievably, this worked! At least for now. I've been quilting with it this way for about an hour and it works and sounds just like any other foot. Thanks to everyone for the advice. If things go awry I will certainly update this post!

Comment

Working...
              X