• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    TMP

• TMP
    replied
    Re: Broken Foot

A lady who sells another brand of machines told me I should contact Juki about the broken foot because the foot should not have fallen apart. Within 3 hours after contacting Juki I received an email telling me they were going to replace the foot. I bought the machine several years ago and I think its wonderful that they cared enough to give me such a quick response and the foot.

Leave a comment:

• TMP

• TMP
    replied

This was a Juki foot that came with my machine. I am going to try to find a replacement. I think I will just use the quilt myself then the black spot won't matter.

Leave a comment:

• JCY

• JCY
    replied

The only presser foot I've had break were 2 generic FMQ feet which I purchased to learn FMQ with. They had a lot of plastic parts. I think I paid <$10. each for them. After I got the hang of it, I spent more $ & got a machine-specific FMQ foot that was more sturdy. It has worked fine. Now that I have the Baby Lock Tiara II LA, I no longer quilt on my DSM unless I'm doing cross hatching, for which I use the walking foot.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry

• grammaterry
    replied

Hummm....I never even thought about the foot breaking....something new to worry about lol

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Yes, I was afraid that you had broken YOUR foot! FMQing is hard on the foot because it gets such a workout!

Leave a comment:

• Sylvia H

• Sylvia H
    replied

I am glad that it wasn't a foot attached to your body! And I hope you can get rid of that black spot. I had a 1/4" foot break on me. I had the foot less than a year, and hadn't used it all that much, either. I took it back to the store, and was given a replacement. The foot was part of a sample of a new system for measuring 1/4", and because of that, there was no question of how long I had the foot. I haven't had any problems with the replacement. (It was a saleperson who gave me the replacement. I am not sure that would have happened if the owner had been there, however.)

Leave a comment:

• songbird857

• songbird857
    replied

LOL... I'm with Monique! I thought you meant YOUR foot!

Leave a comment:

• Monique

• Monique
    replied

Better your sewing foot than what I thought this thread was about. Maybe send it back to the company.

Leave a comment:

• TMP

• TMP
    started a topic Broken Foot

Broken Foot

broken foot.jpg. Now I have a black spot on the back ground of my quilt. The foot just fell apart. As far as I can tell it didn't damage my machine. I have broken tons of needles but never a foot. My dh said the soldering came loose.
    TMP
    Last edited by TMP; August 9, 2016, 04:34 AM.
Working...
X