Broken Foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Foot

broken foot.jpg. Now I have a black spot on the back ground of my quilt. The foot just fell apart. As far as I can tell it didn't damage my machine. I have broken tons of needles but never a foot. My dh said the soldering came loose.
    Last edited by TMP; August 9, 2016, 04:34 AM.

Re: Broken Foot

Better your sewing foot than what I thought this thread was about. Maybe send it back to the company.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

LOL... I'm with Monique! I thought you meant YOUR foot!

Comment

I am glad that it wasn't a foot attached to your body! And I hope you can get rid of that black spot. I had a 1/4" foot break on me. I had the foot less than a year, and hadn't used it all that much, either. I took it back to the store, and was given a replacement. The foot was part of a sample of a new system for measuring 1/4", and because of that, there was no question of how long I had the foot. I haven't had any problems with the replacement. (It was a saleperson who gave me the replacement. I am not sure that would have happened if the owner had been there, however.)
        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Yes, I was afraid that you had broken YOUR foot! FMQing is hard on the foot because it gets such a workout!

Comment

Hummm....I never even thought about the foot breaking....something new to worry about lol
            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
            Terry

Comment

The only presser foot I've had break were 2 generic FMQ feet which I purchased to learn FMQ with. They had a lot of plastic parts. I think I paid <$10. each for them. After I got the hang of it, I spent more $ & got a machine-specific FMQ foot that was more sturdy. It has worked fine. Now that I have the Baby Lock Tiara II LA, I no longer quilt on my DSM unless I'm doing cross hatching, for which I use the walking foot.

Comment

This was a Juki foot that came with my machine. I am going to try to find a replacement. I think I will just use the quilt myself then the black spot won't matter.

Comment

A lady who sells another brand of machines told me I should contact Juki about the broken foot because the foot should not have fallen apart. Within 3 hours after contacting Juki I received an email telling me they were going to replace the foot. I bought the machine several years ago and I think its wonderful that they cared enough to give me such a quick response and the foot.

Comment

Working...
                  X