Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sisters top done

Hi

I finished the top that I am making for my sister this weekend.

The top is 130 cm by 170 cm. Just as she asked for.
    I will use the darkest fabric for the binding and the other for the backing. I think it will look good.
    I Thought that I could sandwich it to during the weekend. Then I discovered that I was out of basting spray!!

So I have order some and it should arrive tuesday or wednesday. I am eager to start to quilt it.

I packed her quilt away and pulled out my garlic knots blocks. I had about 20 done before.
    Now I have 35 6 1/2" blocks done. I am thinking that I might need somewhere between 50 to 60 blocks for a good bed size quilt.

I kind of like this layout. It sort of looks like a modern wedding rings quilt. Don't you thinks so to ?

Today I made butternut squash gratin for dinner and it turned out delicious! I had carrot and celery and onions and garlic and leek in it to. And cream and stock. I was to tired when it was done so I forgot to take a picture of it.
    You just have to take my word for it. It was yummy!

Here are pictures of the quilts that I mention above.

Have a great evening.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Sisters top done

You had a busy weekend. I do like very much both of these quilt tops, and yes your garlic knots does look like a modern wedding rings quilt.

Comment

Lovely quilts and the dinner sounds yummy!

Comment

I think all your quilts are great! And you have a good head when it comes to putting colors together, something I wish I was a little better at.

Comment

Very pretty quilts. You go girl.

....Bee
          The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
          ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Nice work, Annika. I saw your quilt on Bonnie Hunter's webcam.

Comment

Annika, both of these quilts are very pretty. Your DS will love her quilt, for sure!! I'm off to find the pattern for Garlic Knots. Oh, and your butternut squash gratin sounds YUMMY! I am the only one in my house that likes leeks - I guess I made one too many pots of Potato Leek Soup....
              Barbara
              http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

Thank you !
                sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
                A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
                And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

Wonderful quilts! Yes, the garlic knots look like a modern wedding ring quilt. I really like the colors in your sister's quilt - burgandies, browns and greens are favorites. The backing fabric is lovely.
                  If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

Your quilts are beautiful!
                    Your gratin sounds delish!
                    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

Very pretty, Annika! They will be well received, I'm sure. I especially love the 'garlic knots."
                      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
                      X