Wool Batting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wool Batting?

I gave Bernina gifted with a pretty good amount if solo batting...but have been reluctant to use it, because it has a yellow look to it, and many of my quilts have lots of white, as bavkground...

Any advice about this batting? I'd really like to try it... It looks like a hugger loft than I normally use,,, is thus the norm?

Thanks, in advance!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Wool Batting?

I always use wool batting. Mine is more of a creamy colour. However, I can't answer your question because I rarely use white. I can't imagine that it would show through a good quality white fabric.

Can you trial a piece of white fabric over both your wool batting and your normal batting next to each other and see if there is a difference?

Comment

Wool batting really pops the quilting. I know a lot of LAers that use a wool bat with a cotton bat to really showcase spectacular quilting. I would suggest quilting up a small scrap and test it.

Comment

While we're on the subject, how do you wash a quilt that has wool batting in it?
        Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I washed mine in warm water and dried it on low. It has a quite lovely drape and the perfect amount of crinkle. Not too much, not too little, juuuuuust right.

Batting packages have washing instructions on them, so if you're curious about washing wool, you can always read that manufacturer's recommendations.

Comment

I wash mine in a front loader washing machine on cold wash with Wool Wash, and dry them on the line (or sometime on a clothes horse)

Comment

Working...
            X