• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lori63
    replied
    Re: Quick question

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Just be careful - they are also known to cut fingers, toes and even the back of MY foot one time.
    Okay Sandy, I NEED to hear the story behind cutting the back of your foot!!!!

Leave a comment:

• klgls
    replied

Originally posted by LynQuilts View Post
    I keep one rotary cutter for anything and everything other than fabric. It is marked with an X, and I use all my used blades in it. I cut Velcro, poster board, paper, vinyl, plastic canvas, chipboard, anything that it will cut! My fabric rotary cutter is a different color so they don't accidentally get mixed up.
    Ditto for me!

Leave a comment:

• LynQuilts
    replied

I keep one rotary cutter for anything and everything other than fabric. It is marked with an X, and I use all my used blades in it. I cut Velcro, poster board, paper, vinyl, plastic canvas, chipboard, anything that it will cut! My fabric rotary cutter is a different color so they don't accidentally get mixed up.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

I was going to say put a piece of painters tape and just cut along the edge.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

Originally posted by Lori63 View Post
    Thanks for the replies! I followed your advice and pulled a used blade from my throw away container and it worked perfectly. I think I'll find a safe pace to always keep an old one around for things like this. Now I'm wondering what else I can cut with a rotary cutter!
    Just be careful - they are also known to cut fingers, toes and even the back of MY foot one time.

Leave a comment:

• QuilterFrawg
    replied

I use my rotary cutter with a used blade when I wrap presents. So much easier to cut wrapping paper with a rotary cutter and 24" ruler!

Leave a comment:

• Lori63
    replied

Thanks for the replies! I followed your advice and pulled a used blade from my throw away container and it worked perfectly. I think I'll find a safe pace to always keep an old one around for things like this. Now I'm wondering what else I can cut with a rotary cutter!

Leave a comment:

• stitchwishes
    replied

I keep a used blade in the original Olfa snap box it came in, and wrote in sharpie "paper". I pull that blade out for just such a thing so I don't ruin a new blade or fret about it. One that lost its edge for fabric still has a lot of cutting power left!

Leave a comment:

• asta
    replied

I do it often and so far have had no problems.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

I have before, but I always dance backwards. If you have a used blade that won't be damaged if there's an incident . . . go for it.

Leave a comment:

• Lori63
    started a topic Quick question

Quick question

Can you cut Velcro with a rotary cutter? When I try to cut one inch with my scissors it never comes out straight. I think if I used the rotary cutter I could get it nice and straight. But I'm worried it might hurt the blade. Has anyone done it before?

Thanks!
Working...
X