Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make an Easy Autumn Stars Quilt New Jenny Tutorial !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make an Easy Autumn Stars Quilt New Jenny Tutorial !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMUjxJeviDY

Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Re: Make an Easy Autumn Stars Quilt New Jenny Tutorial !

It is so neat that they are now offering a kit so you can easily make the quilt using the same items that Jenny did.

Comment

Thank you for sharing Annika.I love this quilt,I can see myself getting confused though when you have to sew the different size strips and make sure they are opposite.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Love the look of this quilt. However, I think I would stick to just making it with a square in the middle and HSTs all around it vs. the snowballed rectangles.
        Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
        http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

Thank you !

Comment

Thanks for sharing Annika, another one on my list, it is really gorgeous and so so super easy

Comment

I like this one! If I make it, I think I will leave the center one big square instead of four small ones, but do the rectangles like Jenny did. Great block that looks so pretty in autumn colors!!
              Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I love that the quilt is offered as a kit. I always have so much trouble, and spend so much time picking out fabrics. I am going to pass on this kit, but will look forward to seeing the future kits offered.

Comment

It sure is a great way to use up those smaller jelly rolls since it only uses 20 strips. It would be great scrappy, too, using left over strips. I would love to try it using lights and darks strips and backing alternated. Lots of possibilities.

Comment

Love the design and method, but not a fan of kits. My reasons:

1. I like my quilts to be a bit different from everyone else's, even if the only difference is the colors/prints.

2. Most kits include just enough fabric to finish the project, and that's assuming you don't make any mistakes in cutting or measuring (or that the shop doesn't cut the fabric a bit short accidentally). And in this particular kit, there are only 20 strips in the jelly roll, and as far as I can tell, one strip will give you one block, and one corner stone. However the quilt has 30 corner stones, and I can't figure out where the additional 10 corner stones are going to come from (I asked, no answer yet).

3. Price, for only $1 more, I could order seperately a FULL jelly roll, the background fabric (3 1/4 yrds), and the binding fabric (3/4 yards). And end up with 20 more strips, enough to make those extra corner stones, and have leftover strips for another project.

Comment

Working...
                    X