Sew Much to Do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sew Much to Do...

Working on several things as we speak...
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/...alifornia.html

What is keeping you busy?
    Preeti
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Re: Sew Much to Do...

Wow you sure have plenty going on. I just know you will love your trip to California. Totally love the pillowcases and agree having them the same was a smart choice.

These days work keeps me busy mostly. I have not been doing much else. Dealing with a crappy hip issue. Bad enough to be painful, not yet bad enough to replace. I am looking forward to a five day weekend coming up in about a week and a half. Three of those will be spending time with my daughter in Sarasota.

I do have to say, reading your post and others who are creating keep me in the right frame of mind, so thank you for sharing. I look forward to hearing about your trip. Safe travels.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Enjoy your trip Preeti. Great idea about the pillowcases and they are super cute. The pouches are pretty too. Looks like you are going to be busy when you get back.

I have had limited time to get into my sewing room because we are in the home stretch of selling the house my siblings and I grew up in. So many memories as we went through things. I have been working on my lattice quilt a bit this week and making decisions on a couple of quilts that I'll be making for grandsons and granddaughter. (step-daughters' children) Plus my son and dil are expecting their first (they live in California) so I've got visions of baby things dancing in my head too. We will find out if it's a boy or girl this weekend.

Have a great time.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I have 4 Linus lap quilts to sandwich and but they're not needed until October so I have a bit of breathing space. I'm still very much a novice so they will be stitch in the ditch.
        I have some simple tote bags to make for mid September so will probably make a start on those this weekend. BUT while I was looking for the fabric in my stash I realised my cupboard was so messy that I needed to tidy up. So I have spent the last 4 hours refolding fabric!!!
        Still have a bit to go but I found some fabric I had forgotten about which will do very nicely.
        I also found some other fabric that I had forgotten about which I wanted to make a coupleof bags with but can't remember where the pattern is!! Does anyone else have this problem?

Comment

Dip you have certainly been busy, girl! That quilt is wonderful... The colors are so crisp and clean looking...

I just finished a sort of Missouri Star baby quilt, for my newest great nephew.... There are Linus quilts to sandwich and quikt, plus a few UFO's fir which I need backings...

I'm trying to crochet tiny preemie caps.... They are almost instant gratification....

Got to go get more coffee!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

What is keeping me busy? Researching printers! Little time for sewing until I purchase a new printer. I've read reviews & specs. till my mind is in a whirl. I can't seem to zero in on one that has most of the features I want for the price I want to pay, which is <$200. So many of the reviews on line are neg. about almost every product. I just haven't found the right one yet. In the mean time, I'm watching the sales & continuing to compare prices & features.

I need to start hemming flannel for baby blankets. My grt. gr. son is due Oct. 10, which will be here before we know it. His quilt already is done ("Little Ark #6"). I also need to make some burp cloths. Quilting is temp. on hold.

Comment

The past two days I've been busy making a birthday cake for a friend's dad's 85th birthday. I love to bake but I rarely do so anymore unless we have company which isn't that often. My skills are a bit rusty. I told my girlfriend I'd love to make a cake for her dad's birthday. She was happy to let me do the baking. His favorite is a spice cake. I came up with a terrific recipe. I went a little crazy decorating it. I have to say my skills are pretty pathetic and need a lot of work. The big hope is that they like the cake itself. I told Kathy, "I have only one request. Save me a piece!" hahaha

The china you see in the background is from Joe's maternal grandmother. My mother-in-law decided to give it to me now instead of waiting until she passes on. The china cabinet you're seeing is something I'm currently refinishing to hold that china. Now that the cake is out of the way I need to get back to the cabinet. You're seeing its original color. I'm putting a dark stain on it so it blends with the other furniture in my living room. I'll post before and after when it's complete.

Oh, I'm also working on a quilt. Joe will take it to the recipients when he travels east this coming week. I'll post a picture when it's done.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by rebeccas-sewing; August 6, 2016, 09:31 PM.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
              X