Improv Tote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improv Tote

Checking to see if I'm the only one having problems making the Improv Tote. I made the tote according to Crafty Gemini's directions and also the pattern in Mod Block. It said to cut the lining the same size as the out side/ foam piece which I did but I think the lining is to big. When I sewed the lining to the top of the outside it fit perfectly but when I pushed the lining into the bag it just kind of "puddles" in there. It seems to long and to big around.. Am I the only one that had this problem?

Re: Improv Tote

whenever I sew a bag, I sew the outside with a 1/2 inch seam, and the lining with at least a 5/8ths inch seam. Makes the lining a little smaller and then it will fit better
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

Originally posted by Doloris View Post
      whenever I sew a bag, I sew the outside with a 1/2 inch seam, and the lining with at least a 5/8ths inch seam. Makes the lining a little smaller and then it will fit better
      Ditto!
      Vonnie

Comment

Thank you! Do you do the lining bottom the same as the outside bottom?

If I sew a 5/8 inch seams in the lining and only 1/2 inch on the outside how is that going to work when sewing the top of the lining to the top of the outside? Just ease in the difference?
        Last edited by MillieS; August 4, 2016, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MillieS View Post
          Thank you! Do you do the lining bottom the same as the outside bottom?

If I sew a 5/8 inch seams in the lining and only 1/2 inch on the outside how is that going to work when sewing the top of the lining to the top of the outside? Just ease in the difference?
          I have not made this bag but have made others. If your lining is just a little smaller, it fits snuggly inside of the outer bag. It's like running the inside lane on a track. The outside lane has further to go.
          Vonnie

Comment

Working...
          X