1 in 20 people quilt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 in 20 people quilt?

So I was reading an article about quilters the other day. And of course now I can't find it, I wanted my hubby to read! I can't remember if it was a thread here on the MSQC forum! Thanks for your help!
    Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Re: 1 in 20 people quilt?

I googled it and one article said there are 30, million quilters world wide with 23 million of this in the us. These are people that spend at least $500 ANNUALLY . The article was from some survey in 2003. Another article said that there were one million people in the US that described themselves as dedicated quilters and they spent an average of 2400 a year. This was from a survey in 2010. It said that numbers were down 27% since 2006.
    You would have to take into account how the survey was taken and who it was directed at to get an accurate
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

Re: 1 in 20 people quilt?

Wow! that's a lot of quilters! Especially in the U.S.! so the last survey you saw was in 2006- 10 years ago. Wonder if there is an up to date one and if the numbers went up or down? More & more people are getting into quilting. I am surprised to see how many men quilt too! I enjoy quilting and glad I got back into it! Enjoy your day!
      sigpicThat which does not kill us, only makes us stronger.... Keep Moving Forward !!... :icon_calm:

Comment

Working...
      X