Oh happy day!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh happy day!!

My DH bought me a Singer 8500Q a couple of months ago but I must confess she has been sitting on the worktop in my craft room ever since. She looks so shiny and new I didn't have the heart to tell her I was a bit frightened of her!! Well after talking to her the last couple of days we have finally got to know each other and I am in seventh heaven. I am only doing a stitch and flip Linus quilt but we all have to start somewhere!! Don't know what I was so scared about!!

Re: Oh happy day!!

Glad you're getting acquainted with your new machine. I'm sure she will serve you well in your sewing endeavors.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I'm glad to hear you have gotten over your fear. I know the feeling. When I first brought "Merlin" home he intimidated the crap outta me. Now we are super awesome buddies. Can't wait to see what you make with your new BFF.
      If you don't ask, you don't get. Ghandi

Toni

Comment

Glad the two of you are becoming close friends. I remember the fear I had of my longarm Nellie.

Comment

I've had "Matilda" my sit down quilting machine for almost 2 years and am just now getting to know her. I have read and watched many quilting articles and videos, but the best advice I got was from my husband, who said, just sit there and practice on something. What is the worst that could happen? Then I quilted a few "charity" quilts and I must say I'm getting better and more confident with the stitching. Wonder why I waited so long to use her??

Comment

Working...
          X