I need a kick in the pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a kick in the pants

because I'm procrastinating big time. I don't know why I don't want to finish this quilt but here I am ..... surfing the internet, watching Harry Potter on tv. I even moved furniture!

It's a quilt that I'm making as part of a class. It's a bargello and there were just two classes. One we already had a few weeks ago. The last one is tomorrow and we are supposed to be almost finished. Me? I've got all my cuts done, and just 8 rows done. I haven't done a thing since the first class.

I have done some quilting/sewing stuff. Just not this project. Why do I do this when I paid good money for the class and fabric and it's a pattern I've wanted to do. Why? What a procrastinator I am....sigh.

Re: I need a kick in the pants

I did the same thing with mine. It ended up taking a year to finish the top and it still sits in the pile to be quilted. I loved making it, so not sure why I procratinated.

Just continue sewing in your class and hopefully you will get that kick you need.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I can almost guarantee you won't be the only one not nearly done in class tomorrow. Maybe you can set a timer for ~20 minutes and do what you can? Sometimes if you only set out to do a little bit of a project, it can help build some momentum to motivate you to finish.

Comment

I agree with the timer. I hate deadlines. They creep up on you and as much as you can say you work great under pressure it's not true. lol
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

We all put things down that we intend to do. Maybe you love it so much you are afraid of it. Afraid to finish it and have it not be what you imagined. I have that happen quite a bit. My imagination is sometimes so much better than my skill level.
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Bloody Hell! Shouldn't Harry Potter come before doing MOST things?

Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link: :icon_woohoo:
            http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Comment

I just watched Divergent the other day for the third time. Talk about lazy and side tracked.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by DramaMama View Post
                Bloody Hell! Shouldn't Harry Potter come before doing MOST things?

It IS his birthday tomorrow, shouldn't we be celebrating instead of sewing? lol

Comment

I can't see you being afraid of how the quilt will turn out ... but I can see you getting bored with this first step. I've seen your quilts and they are colorful and/or intricate. Sewing strips together is probably just not holding your interest.

The magic comes when you start working on the bargello itself which is the next class. But you won't get there if you don't have enough fabric to work with. When I get bored I'll turn on the TV or radio and force myself to get my mind on something entertaining while I sew.

I've made one bargello - and probably won't make another. That first step was not fun for me.

Comment

When I am making a quilt for someone, I think about them. Their likes, dislikes, how they will use it, ect. I usually incorporate a new techinique, that I haven't done before, hoping to make the quilt unique, and make me a better quilter in the process. Quilting is a journey. Sometimes I find myself procrastinating, I think, because I don't want it to end.
                    Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

KITB.jpg

Just for Carol.
                      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Carol,

There is so much outside stimulation going on right now it is hard to tune it all out. Just focus on the quilt and ignore the other for a bit and get the boring step done. You will have fun at the next class. Show pics! We want pics!

Comment

You know, I have found had that when I HAVE to do something.... Even something I ordinarily love doing, I drag my feet... Maybe you are having the same reaction...

Oh.. Consider yourself gently kicked!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
                          X