Pre-quilted baby quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-quilted baby quilt

Has anyone ever done one of those stamped cross stitch baby quilts. I saw them in the store and wondered how you would finish the back of it off to cover up the stitches. Since it is already is binded..would you remove the binding and add some kind of backing and rebind. I did not want to buy one to make if it is to much of a hassle to do. Thanks.

Barb
    Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Re: Pre-quilted baby quilt

I find it odd that they would bind it before it's been given a backing. I've done a fair amount of embroidering over the years. Knowing what my backs looked like I sure wouldn't want them exposed. hahaha Maybe someone will enlighten us.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I believe those quilt kits, may come with the binding, but after all embroidery is done, you then make your quilt sandwich like a normal quilt. Like this one
      http://www.joann.com/dimensions-quil...7.html#start=1

You may want to read on the package for additional instructions.
      Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

My mother has done several of them. You don't pull your stitches all the way to the back. Everything is done from the front and knots are buried between the top and batting. Personally, I don't have enough patience for it.

Comment

Yes, what Karen said!
          Happy Quilting!

Comment

Deegles, that quilt is adorable but I can't justify the cost. I wonder if I could do it by just looking at the picture?
            sigpic

Comment

That would drive me coo coo if I couldn't stitch to the back.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenC View Post
                My mother has done several of them. You don't pull your stitches all the way to the back. Everything is done from the front and knots are buried between the top and batting. Personally, I don't have enough patience for it.
                My mother did the same.

Comment

Originally posted by CraftyBarb View Post
                  Has anyone ever done one of those stamped cross stitch baby quilts. I saw them in the store and wondered how you would finish the back of it off to cover up the stitches. Since it is already is binded..would you remove the binding and add some kind of backing and rebind. I did not want to buy one to make if it is to much of a hassle to do. Thanks.

Barb
                  Sorry I don't have a picture to show, but i made my nephew one 16 years ago. All my stitches to the back so I cut off the binding that was on it and backed it and bound it. I did tacking stitches strategically instead of tying it together. My SIL never used as a blanket but used it as a wall decoration. She cross stitches too and "didn't want all the hard work" to get ruined.

Comment

Working...
                  X