Wedding quilts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wedding quilts?

So I come from a big Okay HUGE family with an even bigger extended family of close friends. We are talking really long term since high school type of friends. The first generation of kids are starting to get married. We have watched these kids as they grew up and are basically Aunt and Uncle to them so to speak. I have two of the getting married soon and part of me wants to make them a quilt, as one especially we are extremely close to. He is one of the reason I decide to have kids of my own.

I thought about making Christmas stockings for them customized with their name like I made my other nieces and nephews but feel funny doing gifting them in September at their wedding its an OCD thing and neither are really wall hanging or table runner sorts. I kinda want to make something more from the heart but I don't think I could make two king size quilts in the next month and half. Has anyone made like couch size quilts or something similar?

I also was intrigued by those wedding quest book quilts? Any ideas I know if I start this I will have a long long list coming down the road as there are a whole lot of them not married yet lol. So fishing for ideas.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Re: Wedding quilts?

I have always admired the wedding quilt designs by this designer

http://www.craftsy.com/pattern/quilt...ng-quilt/84374

http://www.craftsy.com/user/982803/p...=136853,982803

She has several different designs in lap size or queen, also a bed runner if you are really pressed for time.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I love the idea of gifting them with something for Christmas for a wedding gift.. EVERY Christmas you will be thought of so fondly...I say go for it!
      Barbara
      http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySweetPeas

Comment

How about a Christmas tree skirt? That is something they would definitely use every year. I have made flannel quilts/couch throws for wedding quilts that seem to be appreciated but I live in the midwest and winter here are long and get pretty cold.

Comment

I have given a Christmas tree skirt before for a wedding that occurred in May, and they loved it!

Comment

I made a ton of stockings last year and gave those; some were customized some were not. Stockings are something that they'll use each year to decorate. For my son's wedding coming up this year I made a personalized triple Irish chain quilt. In the white blocks I added photos of the couple along with photos/sayings that have meaning to them. It didn't take long to make, but I waited 8 weeks for it to be quilted. This is a photo of the quilt top; I don't yet have photos of it quilted.

20160521_151644.jpg

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
            The Farmmyfarm

Comment

We received Christmas ornaments and stockings for wedding gifts and we loved it! Our wedding anniversary is tomorrow, (July) and we still was received as a perfect gift idea!!!!
              Happy Quilting!

Comment

Do you have an embroidery machine? I made a set of these for a gift.

covers1.jpg
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

My sister buys one wine glass (think Goodwill), adds some flowers and ribbons in the wedding colors and puts them in a pretty box with this note.

This is a forgiveness/apology glass.
                  May it be the least used gift you get.
                  As life goes on, small disagreements occur,
                  But don't let them fester and dig like a burr.

It doesn't matter who was right or wrong.
                  The hurt will take its toll before very long.
                  Fill this glass with any drink to share
                  And tell each other how much you care.

Drink up and toss the hurt aside.
                  Let laughter and happiness once more abide.
                  And you'll find another good thing too...
                  Making up is fun to do!

This also works for anniversaries, renewal ceremonies, etc.
                  sigpic

Comment

You could make a wall hanging quilt that wouldn't take much time or a table topper. The wall hanging could incorporate the wedding colors and details like names and dates.
                    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                    Terry

Comment

When my daughter got married, I also thought of making them a wedding quilt. But I was too new to quilting and didn't do it. So after they are married, she mentions that she's on the hunt for a pretty Christmas tree skirt. That's what I'm in the process of making for her now. I think it will be a great gift for any new couple.

Comment

Any size you make will be appreciated. Most of the quilts I give as gifts are lap quilts. I see nothing wrong with giving Christmas Stockings and/or a tree skirt. It is an unexpected and pleasant surprise to give for a wedding present. If that's what you'd like to make for them go ahead and enjoy the fun of it. Considering how large your family is, making a bed quilt for each will be quite an undertaking. You also will be thinking I made one for so and so. Now I feel obligated to make one for all. Joe is from a family of five kids. I'm kept very busy making quilts for the family and that includes all of their children - graduations, marriages, babies, quilts just because I love you...
                        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Great Ideas everyone I think I will make them stockings and possible the tree skirts I saw a neat pattern for a string one that is very appealing to me but I will have to find out if they like traditional or non traditions style both couples can be funky in some ways but then in some areas more traditional. So will have to hit up their general likes and color choices.
                          Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

I am going to make one like this for a freind once the decide 129111d1460368304t-very-cute-quilt-12923219_10208793160484862_5511202515123240057_n.jpeg
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by giig21; July 30, 2016, 07:40 PM.
                            Gary,

"No regrets, only learning opportunities."

Comment

Working...
                            X