Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It pays to going shopping in your stash!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It pays to going shopping in your stash!

I spent the morning cleaning up my sewing room and stash. I came across fat quarters I bought at a quilt show in February! 12 of them and all kind of go together! Hmm! I need a pattern now! Also I start a box of scraps to start a string quilt! It pays to going shopping in your stash!

Carrie

PS I've only been quilting since January! I can't believe how much fabric I have accumulated since then. Shhh! Don't tell my DH!

Four finished quilts, three table runners, and countless shoe bags for daughter wedding, cell phone cushions, mugs rugs!
    (Three UFOs waiting to be quilted! Too hot in my sewing room for that right now)
    Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Re: It pays to going shopping in your stash!

WOW - you have been busy. Yes, the stash collects faster than you can imagine.

Comment

Stash adds up, becomes overwhelming but when you start using it, it disappears jst as fast. It really does take a lot of fabric to make a quilt.
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

If you look in the quilt shop on here under patterns they should have patterns listed by the cut of fabric.You can also google fat quarter friendly quilt patterns and see what you find.
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Yes I always kind of laugh when newbies post how much extra fabric they should buy so they can start building a stash. Haha, as if that is ever a problem once you make your first quilt. The stash just creeps up on you, I swear those FQ and CP multiply on their own while I am sleeping!

Comment

yeah... that stash though...

Comment

Having a stash is like ... comfort food.

Comment

Yeah, I remember when I first began trying to collect enough fabric for my stash. I started out by purchasing the DD's here... then I became addicted to the DD's! smileys-sad-448677.gif

The good news is that I'll be 184 years old before I can possibly use up all of this fabric! LOL
                Animated_Quilting_Lady.gif

Sheep Farmer by day....sigpic....Quilter-in-Training by night
                The Farmmyfarm

Comment

Oh, that deal of the day . . . . . almost like crack. I have resisted three of them this week that were really pretty, so I should reward myself with - what else??? - deal of the day!

Comment

The good news is that I'll be 184 years old before I can possibly use up all of this fabric!
                    Animated_Quilting_Lady.gif

I love this! And it's probably true... love that graphic too! This made my day...

Comment

Cokie, gives you a real reason to get up and out of bed early in the morning. Get those chores/errands done then you can start using up that stash.

Comment

I have been quilting for a year and a half and have a decent size stash, organized in a small walk-in closet (7x7). I find what I'm looking for since it is well organized and I can see the fabrics. I have made over 16 quilts, about 7 of them queen and king size, and the others large lap quilts and doubles. With my current stash, I will have to live to at least 105. Luckily my husband doesn't complain as he also quilts and has his own stash, but much smaller. We don't have same tastes In fabrics, so there's no need to raid each other's fabrics.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I also found some fabric I bought in Feb . . . . of 2012!
                          It's so pretty! I will find the right place for it eventually!
                          Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

I bought some FQ and fell so in love with them I went back to buy yardage of each colour and the border fabric!! The problem I have is that the fabric was rather expensive so I daren't cut into it! Some time in October I will be taking it down to my LQS where the owner has said she will hold me hand while I cut it (figuratively speaking of course)!! Silly isn't it?

Comment

FQs will work for almost any pattern. I've used mine for 9 patches, Disappearing 9-patch, Rail Fence, Summer in the Park, Four-Patches, etc. Since the one dimension is only 18" or so, one can't get 2 - 10" squares out of a FQ. I've used Jenny's HST method but started with 9" squares instead of 10". FQs are very versatile. I've made pieced bindings from 2.5" strips from FQs -- cut the length of the FQ. Enjoy shopping your stash!

Comment

Working...
                              X