sometimes design walls are dangerous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sometimes design walls are dangerous!

I have been trying to decide on sashing alternatives for my latest quilt (thank you all for your input, it helped greatly) pretty much made my decision-the black cornerstones-DH came home from work and did not agree, he liked the gold, or said a different red would work. I made some red squares put them on the wall, went to get my camera and he came up with another alternative. Now I am not sure again.

cornerstones too 002.jpg

I hate to think he was right but........
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Re: sometimes design walls are dangerous!

Its your quilt and you should make it the way that makes you feel happy. This version is very pretty, but I personally prefer the black cornerstones. It feels like the multi colored cornerstones are stealing attention from the piecing and overwhelming the design.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

I generally make dh happy even when I don't particularly like his choice. Afterall, I asked and he voiced an opinion and took an interest in my project...
        success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
        Terry of NC

Comment

I think if you use red squares, it should be the wine-red that is in the blocks.
          You have a lot of choices. Don't get overwhelmed by them. You may have to just close your eyes and go eenie meenie miney mo.

Comment

How about the black in the center of the chains and the gold or red in the others??
            No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
            Aesop

Comment

I like the multi colored cornerstones
              sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
              Time spent with cats is never wasted.
              Sigmund Freud

Comment

Another vote for the multi colors - It adds spark!

Comment

I actually like it with multi colored cornerstones. But if I were to only go with one, I think I would choose one of the red colors.

Your quilt is a beauty any which way you decide to go with those cornerstones!
                  Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

It really depends on the look you are going after. Remember it is your quilt and you get final say.....or he does if it is a gift for him. I prefer the black, but the colors do add pop. So many choices.....so hard to decide ......they all look good. I would quickly get overwhelmed.

Comment

I like the alternating black/gold layout. Loooooove your quilt!

Comment

Go with your gut, your first instinct, and you won't go wrong. Put mini- quilts on the design board, each mini-quilt with one color cornerstone, then walk away. First thing in the morning, go into your sewing room, look at the design wall, and you'll know which color cornerstone YOU like the best. Don't second guess yourself, just go with it.

Comment

Ooh, I like all the colors but since you like the black and he likes the gold I would go with black and gold. Can't wait to see your final decision!
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

What was the "another alternative" that your husband suggested?

Comment

Working...
                            X