Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swedish leo
    replied
    Re: Any Knutters or Cricheters out there?

Me too!

I crochet when I canĀ“t quilt. I think it is good to mix them up now and then.

Sometimes I just want to create but not feeling the quilt bug and then the crocheting is a good choice.

Leave a comment:

• ilive2craft2
    replied

I am also a crocheter, but can't get the hang of knitting! Have done afghans, doilies and lace collars (dating myself, I know - they were really popular in the early 90s). I also did a bunch of cross stitch at one time.

Love the projects shown! I haven't done much crocheting since I found quilting. I may pull something out to do while watching tv.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Marie
    replied

I crochet.....have made a few afghans in my years. Haven't done any for awhile now. Never cared for knitting much. Always felt knitting was too slow, but I admire those who do it. Cross stitched lots in the past also. Before quilting, crocheting was my winter hobby and cross stitch my summer!

Leave a comment:

• ucarrieme
    replied

Originally posted by Patty J View Post
    I love to crochet but always wanted to know how to knit. I signed up for classes several times, but not enough people signed up so classes were canceled. I'm trying again for a class the first part of Aug,. Crossing my fingers that there will be enough people to hold the class. I've always admired those who could take yarn and turn it into a sweater, scarf, hat or afghan. Wish me luck.
    This is my go to videos for help! http://www.knittinghelp.com/

Leave a comment:

• Patty J
    replied

I love to crochet but always wanted to know how to knit. I signed up for classes several times, but not enough people signed up so classes were canceled. I'm trying again for a class the first part of Aug,. Crossing my fingers that there will be enough people to hold the class. I've always admired those who could take yarn and turn it into a sweater, scarf, hat or afghan. Wish me luck.

Leave a comment:

• ucarrieme
    replied

I am knitter! Mostly I knit in the car, in front of the TV, on airplanes and at doctor's appointments. My first love is sewing! If I can't take my sewing machine with me, I knit!

Carrie

But I can crochet a chain from here to eternity and back! ;-)

Leave a comment:

• ldnanny3
    replied

Always wanted to learn to knit but never did, however I do lots of crochet, doilies, table cloths, bedspreads and anything that uses the crochet thread, never much like to crochet with yarn for afgans, although I have made a few, lots of counted cross stitch also.

Leave a comment:

• lots2do
    replied

Yup, I knit too. I've made at least 12 dolphin washcloths this summer for holiday gifts. I'm also making a sweater for me.

Leave a comment:

• mommadeb
    replied

Thanks for the compliments! My DGD picked out the colors as it is for her.

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

Originally posted by mommadeb View Post
    I crochet on the side also. In fact, I just finished an afghan last night.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133491[/ATTACH]
    I love your afghan.... I used to make my Mom a new one every year....

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

Originally posted by Susann View Post
    If you want knitting or crocheting questions answered, you HAVE to check out Ravelry.com. The most amazing website for yarn arts!! Play on the forums-you'll be lost for hours!!

Thanks for the hint!

Later: wow... Lots to take in on Ravelry!
    Last edited by easyquilts; July 25, 2016, 05:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

Yep knit and crochet here also, also do hand embroidery. I have a crocheted sweater almost done just need to get the last sleeve blocked and put together.

Leave a comment:

• surfergirl
    replied

I love crochet and make a lot of rugs now from 3 strands of yarn and also 5/8" strips of fabric.046.jpg You can also check my photos for more pics.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Originally posted by mommadeb View Post
    I crochet on the side also. In fact, I just finished an afghan last night.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133491[/ATTACH]
    Your afghan turned out so pretty...love the colors.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I do counted cross-stitch, crochet and knit (a little). I've made lots of crocheted afghans and baby blankets and have knitted booties and tiny sweaters and hats. Now my knitting is fairly limited to dishcloths. I have an 'in-the-round-' sweater in my knitting bag waiting for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X