Any Knutters or Cricheters out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Knutters or Cricheters out there?

I know thus is a quilting forum... But, I have just rediscovered my love of simple knitting and crocheting, and was wondering if anyone rose out there were into either craft.

I don't always have quilty handwork to do, so I'm glad I kind if stumbled upon my old first crafts.... I have...in the distant past...crocheted lots if full sized afghans, and dozens if baby blankets for Project Linus... My kids got brightly volored knitted hats....so I coukd see them.... They have since told me that they hated having to wear them...

Today's yarns are gorgeous,,,, Lion ?Brand...a fifth generation family business....has some gorgeous choices... The colors and textures are amazing....

So..... I'm looking forward to adding pretty yarns to my stash...in my sewing room... What fun!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Any Knutters or Cricheters out there?

I do both, when someone needs a new sweater, to take a break from quilting. I also have a crocheted tablecloth that is almost finished. All ecru lace. I also hand embroidery, do crewel and counted cross-stitch when the mood takes me. I'll play with just about ANY kind of needle.

Comment

Girls.... You know I mesnt knitters and Cricheters... Sometimes my eyes play tricks on me... Not to mention my iPad... Sorry.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I have done lots of crocheting in the past and dabbled a bit into simple knitting. Yes, there ae some beautiful yarns out there.
        I have made lots of baby afghans for gifts in the past, and have a stash for whenever I may get my first grandchild, although if DD wants a different pattern, I'd probably make it.

Comment

If you want knitting or crocheting questions answered, you HAVE to check out Ravelry.com. The most amazing website for yarn arts!! Play on the forums-you'll be lost for hours!!

Comment

My needlework beginnings are in crocheting and knitting. (I am now a quilt-a-holic, though.) I am excited to hear about the Ravelry site. Thanks!
            Just love everyone. I'll sort them out later. -God

Comment

I crochet on the side also. In fact, I just finished an afghan last night.

Comment

Oh yeah! I knit, crochet, smock, used to do cross-stitch but it's too hard on my eyes now.
                “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Yup, I'm a knitter, and a nutter I knit socks, sweaters, hats, gloves, even kitchen towels. I draw the line at Swiffer cloths, though, although you will find a pattern for those on Ravelry!

Comment

I do counted cross-stitch, crochet and knit (a little). I've made lots of crocheted afghans and baby blankets and have knitted booties and tiny sweaters and hats. Now my knitting is fairly limited to dishcloths. I have an 'in-the-round-' sweater in my knitting bag waiting for me.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by mommadeb View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133491[/ATTACH]
                      Your afghan turned out so pretty...love the colors.
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I love crochet and make a lot of rugs now from 3 strands of yarn and also 5/8" strips of fabric.046.jpg You can also check my photos for more pics.

Comment

Yep knit and crochet here also, also do hand embroidery. I have a crocheted sweater almost done just need to get the last sleeve blocked and put together.
                          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Susann View Post
                            If you want knitting or crocheting questions answered, you HAVE to check out Ravelry.com. The most amazing website for yarn arts!! Play on the forums-you'll be lost for hours!!

Thanks for the hint!

Later: wow... Lots to take in on Ravelry!
                            Last edited by easyquilts; July 25, 2016, 06:17 AM.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by mommadeb View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133491[/ATTACH]
                              I love your afghan.... I used to make my Mom a new one every year....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Working...
                              X