Just curious......who else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious......who else?

Who else feels a sigh of relief when they don't "connect" with the daily deal? I look at it every day....usually one of the first things I do once my head rises from the pillow. I'm not always as disciplined as I need to be and can't resist the purchase regardless of whether I need it or not; therefore, I feel a sense of relief when I don't feel compelled to purchase it. Hahahaha (but really serious)!

I spent HOURS in my sewing room yesterday organizing and reorganizing, folding fabrics, coordinating projects, etc. I have enough fabric and ideas for five quilters for the next decade.

Just curious how others feel about fabric addictions.

Re: Just curious......who else?

If I like it, I tell myself I will check back later in the morning and consider ordering it then. I almost always forget.
    But if I absolutely love it, I press that button right then and there.

Comment

I definitely know how that is. I have two orders coming because I couldn't resist .
      Wendy
      http://www.pinterest.com/wlrich2/boards/

Comment

Sometimes it's an instant connect.... Something I KNOW... I love... Then, I either buy it, it put it in my basket....

Sometimes, it's a maybe... That gives into the basket...for later....

Sometimes....and thus happens the most often...the DD is dome thing I know gir sure, I don't wznt..., I feel a little disappointed, but do a little relieved...

Unfortunately, I have been known to put done thing in my basket....to be added to, or "for later", then forgotten about it... That's when I coukd cheerfully kick myself....

I live in a pretty tight income...so I usually thunk about my purchases... OTIH, I have pretty much given myself permission to order from M* whenever I really, really want to... I don't druve anymore (vision), do ordering online is becoming more and more helpful to me.

Life us short...and at neatly 74 getting shorter...so I say hit the BUY button!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I know exactly what you mean KaylaWalker. I already have a quilt planned (and material purchased) for a blue & white, so I was happy to see I didn't want today's DD. I'm actually doing pretty good this month.
          Cindy

Comment

I am very good at "justifying" my purchases, if I do say so myself! However, when it comes to fabric, I can no longer justify impulse purchases. I just have too much (for me) fabric that should be used first. My current weakness is the templates when they are the daily deal. Even with the $5.00 shipping charge, these are usually a good deal. Now, if I would just use them!
            If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

No problem here, since I don't care for pre-cuts.

Comment

I only buy what I need. Most of the time I already have a color scheme in mind, and most of the offers don't work. Pretty, but not what I want. I can admire something marked English Country Garden, but most of my stuff is catch as catch can southwestern colors.

There are some charms easily cut into quarters if you like messing with candies. You can get enough 2 1/2 inc squares for quite a few things. I will make tablet covers, so those would be a good deal. Layer cake if I happen to want 10" squares as 10" squares. (just did) Jelly rolls - no way.

The only fabric I used to collect was tiny prints for doll clothes.

Comment

If I can use the daily deal, either I have a special project I can connect the fabric to or it's a notion I've been needing I'll buy it right away. If the daily deal is something I want but don't need I wait until late at night and look at it again. If it's out of stock, problem solved. If it isn't I have to list 3 reasons Why I should make the purchase.

If it's Halloween or Minions though... My reasons usually go: 1- I need that!! 2- I want that! 3- I NEEEEED that!

Comment

Yes, I am glad when the daily deal is not to my liking. I know I have too much
                    fabric and I spent half the day yesterday going my fabric to see what I can donate.
                    Although I love getting new fabric in the mail- kind of like Christmas in July!

Comment

I am doing much better at getting myself in control. I used to always pull up the DD and then the flash sales at FQS, kind of a contest for me to see who has the better deal. I am a sucker for charm packs. I think because they seem so affordable, but lately I make myself stop and think what will I use this for. Recently I used up about 50% of my CP stash so that feels so good and I really don't want to be drowning in them again. Well not true, I kimd of want to replenish my stash..maybe a little?!! .I think I have finally gotten rulers and templates out of my system, it seems like I have one of practically everything! I have quite a few that I don't use so I am not sure why I bought them. Probably the "it was on sale" thing got to me.

Comment

For a while I wasn't even looking at the DD. I was spending too much money. Lately, I've been looking again and, yes, buying again. That free shipping is so hard to resist!!! I'm always very relieved to find that most of the deals are items I'm not interested in purchasing. However, throw up a deal with one of my favorite designers and there's usually a fight between my brain and my button- pushing finger. My finger often wins.
                        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Totally relieved when it's something I don't like, otherwise I might buy something every day!
                          I am not new to sewing, but I am new to quilting, so even though I have lots of fabric, I am still buying quilting fabrics, templates, lighting, and other gadgets.

and while we're at it, I don't know how many times, I think a pre-cut fabric line is cute, because of the piece on the top or the name, and then click to see the others included, and don't like the other patterns or colors. Sometimes I am mad about it, other times I am relieved that I won't be buying it.

For the ones I do buy that have pieces I don't care for, I will be putting those aside for practice pieces, or when you just need one tiny to complete something and don't want to go out and buy a quarter yard of it.

I know that precuts are more expensive, but I've done the math, and sometimes I ask myself "Would I pay $10 to have someone come over and cut this fabric for me?" and because of my work hours, the answer is yes!
                          Pieced By Me! :icon_wave:

Pre-cut Yardage Chart

Comment

There are certain daily deals that call to me. If those are a great deal I take advantage of it. Usually they happen in streaks. Those daily deals are practically a give away or freebie and help out those who are having a tough time monetarily. Think of passing it up to help someone's stash who is less fabric fortunate!
                            Blogging ahead.....research in quilting and sewing with a dab of cooking/recipes too.

https://myquiltprojects.wordpress.com/

https://thecookbookproject.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yes, there is that connection sometimes and I absolutely love it. My problem is: I may buy the daily deal then I go look at other precuts in the same pattern and buy more. When the weather cools down, I'm doing an inventory of my "stash" and writing it down in a notebook with a sample of my "deals" that I did not use. I keep my stuff in the garage in plastic bins on shelves, too hot now to do this but I have to know what I have. Yes, I am hooked on fabric. I could sew all day and not bother with anything else. Fortunately my family keeps me in the "world". LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X