• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seam ripper?????

Thoughts on this seam ripper.....
    http://shop.quiltropolis.net/stores_...53&Name=The-Qu

Hope link works

Re: Seam ripper?????

It is basically a hair trimmer....personally I would not buy it..
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
    sigpic

Comment

I saw a demo of this seam ripper and I thought it was a hair trimmer at first too.

The demo was good for long seams that need ripping, but they were flat seams, none went over intersecting seams.

It just seem like overkill for my mistakes. I can rip out a seam in a 12" block pretty fast without any battery operated machines.

Comment

Yep sometimes really fast ripping leads to holes in the fabric, and then you've got nothing! Except the prospect of starting over while muttering OMG what have I done! I'll stick to my old hand held one that looks like a baby knife with a slight C-shaped blade and the little tiny red ball!

Comment

I bought the electric seam ripper when it was a daily deal. For me, it wasn't as easy to use as I had hoped. the fabric needs to be pretty flat for it to work.
          :icon_hiya: Coleen

"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good I can do, or any kindness I can show, let me do now, for I will not pass through this way again."

Comment

I received one as a gift. I prefer the old style. It is ok on a long straight seem but even then I worried about damaging the fabric. I don't use it.

Comment

Looks like an opportunity for me to do some serious damage to my projects! I'll stick to my little stick thingy.

Comment

What I was thinking has already been said.

When I saw it, I thought of cutting my husband's hair (which I did yesterday)- seems like it would be heavy in the hand and after a while that vibration in the hand would be annoying.
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Thus gadget has no appeal for me....at all.... I thunk its usefulness would be very limited.... No thanks... I'll stick with what've always used....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I have one and like it. Had to add a border on a quilt and this thing buzzed the binding right off.

I need an octagonal or sextagonal topped seam ripper. I like the Havel's where you can change the blade. Works more like a serger (used to be called surgical) ripper. Many sided handle so it won't roll, and thick enough so if I start poking around in fabric I can find the thing.

I have Exacto knives that have small washer like additions to keep them from rolling around - so why not seam rippers?

Comment

I so agree with all... Just thought I would share to show what some "come up with" to try and get our quilting money!

Comment

Working...
                      X