Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was your December 2nd?

Hi everyone,

Oh, boy. What a day! I was sidelined with a migrain that was bad and not-as-bad throughout the day, changing the plans I had made. My sons ran the house and babied me with quiet and lunch and an occasional soft conversation. Tuna and cheese for lunch (yum), dishes washed and the house picked up. They are worth their weight in gold - and they are both over 6 feet tall!

When my head wasn't pounding, yes I went in to sew. All the pieces were cut last night for the sparkling star blocks so my machine could just hum away. See, I got the top of my runner done! Just as the camera was about the click my kitty Ty stepped in, so you get to see him and the quilt top. What is it with cats and quilts, anyway?

I hope your day was headache free, happy and as productive as you wanted it to be.

Cyndi
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cyndiofthevortex; December 2, 2011, 07:04 PM.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Re: How was your December 2nd?

Why there are two pictures of quilt and kitty I don't know! I can't change it for some reason, so just pretend I have twin kitties and twin quilts! Sorry about that! CJZ
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

My day was decent....had to take DH to pick up his CPAP machine and also took our Molly (K9) to the groomer and then later to the vet for glucose check. In short, I was on the run all day in two counties!

I'm getting ready to make a crocheted afghan....I think I caught the bug from my Aunt. It will be a simple Ripple pattern in neutral creams and beiges.

I hope all of you had a grand day...I wish you a happy weekend! Hugs, Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Wow love the top and the kitty!
        http://renewingmrssewsew.blogspot.com
        Until next time hugs and best stitches to you all,
        Michelle

Comment

How did you get a picture of my Puddy Pie?

You guys are all wearing me out.

Or, maybe it was the grandkids.
          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Sorry about your migraine, I battle those as well. Imitrex is my BFF!

Love the runner but the kitty even more! What a beautiful coat!
            sigpic Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Comment

Love the table runners and kitty too!

Well, going to try again to sell some of my table runners tomorrow. The church is having a cookie sale for Relay for Life and some crafters have set up. For $10. donation to the Relay, I can set up a table. It is supposed to be good weather (like high 50's) and the church is only a block away so I am not even spending money in gas to get there. ))

Today is Odie's birthday - waiting to hear back from him. Hope he isn't on duty tonight. He is scheduled to fly in on Dec. 17 - sure can't wait to see him.

Well, have to run to the food store. Good thing there is one here in town. DS #1 wants to make some brownies for a Christmas party for his karate group tomorrow. Then I better mark my runners and plan on getting to bed early for a long day tomorrow.

Hope you all have a good evening. Hope your headache is gone Cyndi.

Hugs,

Comment

Wow, it seems it wasn't just me hit with a migraine. I was hit hard(first time in a few months) and had to go back to bed, lucky for me my in-laws took the baby and hubs picked him up.

Needless to say I did nothing all of the day except sleep and try to drink/eat a little(which was tough going as I felt SO nauseous). Feeling better today though!
                Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Sorry about the migraines ladies. I wonder why so many folks suffer from those things? Do they know what causes them?
                  Cyndi - I'm so impressed with your table runner. The colors are so eye-catching. It looks like kitty is part of the color scheme!
                  Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

So sorry you ladies get the migraines. Hope they go away soon and stay away.

Love your table runners and Ty. I need to keep my fabric put away or covered up; otherwise, Tigette thinks it makes a lovely place to nap. Here's a pic of my Tig when we first got him 7 yrs ago for DH's 50th birthday. Couldn't find the pic I wanted. He doesn't sit still for photos now (unless he's napping).
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Loonwatcher; December 3, 2011, 05:54 AM.
                    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Day spent running errands. Not a sewing day after all.
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thanks Rebecca and loonwatcher, not sure about Cyndi but mine are hormonal(was ok for a few months while pregnant and a few after, must be me getting "back to normal" I guess) have had them since I was 12. Joy oh joy! the delights of being a woman!

I forgot to say I love the table runner(and the moggie)!
                        Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.-Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Very pretty!! Love the greens.
                          Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Hi again everyone!

Had a good night's sleep and started my period and my migraine is gone, so I guess they are hormonal. Thanks for the sympathy and advice. They really are the worst.

Thanks for all the encouragement on my tablerunner! I came up with a fmq design and I hope I can pull it off.

And thanks for liking my nice big kitty. He's a loveable doll. And big as he is, he climbs into any basket of fabric he can get into!

Barb, hope you get better and not worse. There is a bad bug going around. And isn't your aunt too nice to give you such a thing?

Trish, I hope you sell your runners. Good luck to you! I'm wondering where Odie is. My daughter Faith was in Iraq for a year. I was so happy when I saw her walk into that armory when she got back. She had grown up and is now a happy wife and mother of three of the most beautiful girls you ever could see. And yes, Sandy, they wear me out!

Monique, Errands are unfortunately necessary. I delegate them whenever I can!

Best wishes to you all,

Cyndi
                            Cyndi

Comment

Cyndi - Odie is at Camp Pendleton, CA right now. He's scheduled for Australia sometime in the Spring and then Afghanistan in the Summer. Not sure about that last one though since I heard that they are pulling the Marines out of that place. Being prior military myself, I know when they say they are pulling us out that there is still a presence there so if he still goes, maybe it won't be for as long as originally intended.
                              Glad to hear your daughter is doing well and that she is back from over there.

Hugs,

Comment

Working...
                              X